Whats Better BA or AA Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdenvxman

Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
153
Points
5
Hello

Im going JFK>LHR on BA at this stage but i was reading on seatguru that the seats a slightly bigger on the AA 777 plane in coach.


Comments anyone?

Thanks heaps :D
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Points
0
No brainer, go BA. The AA service is dire. Just go online at T-23 and check in online and nab a bulkhead or exit

Dave
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
Points
0
Dave Noble said:
No brainer, go BA. The AA service is dire. Just go online at T-23 and check in online and nab a bulkhead or exit
Less than a no-brainer, anyone who has to ask the difference between a LOTFAP carrier (AA) and a non-LOTFAP carrier (BA) hasn't really travelled, I would take a non-LOTFAP carrier any day! Particularly now that most LOTFAP carriers have started charging for drinks on INT flights.

Dave
 
Last edited:

v8Statesman

Established Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,222
Points
10
thadocta said:
Less than a no-brainer, anyone who has to ask the difference between a LOTFAP carrier (AA) and a non-LOTFAP carrier (BA) hasn't really travelled, I would take a non-LOTFAP carrier any day! Particularly now that most non-LOTFAP carriers have started charging for drinks on INT flights.

Dave

Why would charging for drinks make it better?
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,445
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
It may be a no-brainer for travel at the back of the b*s, but for premium cabin travel the choice is much closer. In fact, for a daytime flight in business class, I would be taking AA over BA as I find their seats more comfortable for sitting. But for a night flight, I would select BA if confined to business class cabin.

But now that I have some AA candy to collect (just as soon as they post my QF flight from yesterday), I would be looking at the option to move into F on AA rather than confined to J on BA.

However, as this thread was asking about economy travel, there are a few things to note. AA seat pitch is better, but IFE is very poor. AA does have in-seat power throughout the economy cabin (not every seat, so select sear carefully) and BA does not. So if you want to use a laptop during the flight then AA is better.

FF earning on the QF program is also affected by the fare basis purchased. Many fares will only earn 25% mileage on BA but will earn 50% on AA. OneWorld Explorer and Global Explorer fares book into L class and this is going to earn better on AA than BA.

So when it comes to IFE, service, food, drinks etc, then BA wins. When it comes to in-seat power, FF earning (on QF or AA program), then AA wins. Which is more important to you will depend on your personal situation and preference.
 
Your simple solution to home security. Quickly view what’s happening at home when you're not there, giving you peace of mind.

Simple plug-in installation means you’ll be up and running in no time.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Points
0
NM said:
However, as this thread was asking about economy travel, there are a few things to note. AA seat pitch is better, but IFE is very poor. AA does have in-seat power throughout the economy cabin (not every seat, so select sear carefully) and BA does not. So if you want to use a laptop during the flight then AA is better.

The seat pitch is 31-32" on BA and 31-32" on AA so I wouldn't say that AA has a better pitch. AA does have some seats with laptop power ( cigarette lighter style ) but that is the only thing going for them

Dave
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,445
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Dave Noble said:
The seat pitch is 31-32" on BA and 31-32" on AA so I wouldn't say that AA has a better pitch. AA does have some seats with laptop power ( cigarette lighter style ) but that is the only thing going for them

Dave
Oops, I was thinking they still had MRTC on the 777, but I must be living in the past. I have not been beyond row 13 on the AA 777, so had not witnessed the sardines being compacted :shock:.

The in-seat power is the same in coach as in business class. You just a Targus power adapter (now, where might I find one of those things) :mrgreen:. Oh, and by the way Dave, it works a treat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,412
Messages
2,142,607
Members
54,447
Latest member
Ronie

Currently Active Users

Top