What $ value do you put on each Status Point? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

What $ value do you put on each Status Point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says.

Mainly to work out if it's worth paying for a more expensive flight to get the Status Points.

(Sorry if it's been asked already!)

smit0847

Established Member
Any SCs that can be obtained for under $5 each is fair value, anything under $4 each is excellent value.

D

Deleted member 29185

You would be lucky to get a SC point for under $10 wouldn't you??
$10? I certainly wouldn't be doing status runs at $10 :(. I agree with smit0847. I can recall getting around $2, but that's an exception rather than the rule.

PS....I can recall considerably less than $2.....but was a stuff up rather than the rule :mrgreen:

fantasy86dj

Flights
My Map
I brought tickets MEL to PER in Fully Flex for 6.25 Status credits per $1 but that is on Double Status credits promotion - which will retain my Silver.

Aus ATC

Flights
My Map
Just returned from HKG via SIN with Singapore Airlines. 200 SCs for a little under $1200.00 (< $6.00 per SC) and the 50% bonus for the Velocity points. Pretty happy with that.

Gold Member

AFF Supporter
I have the feeling they haven't realised this is the VA forum board ;)
Agree with Serfty.

There are many DL and VX status runs that will yield roughly $2 per status credit in the States. No different to AA status runs crediting to QF, but with different airlines and optimal routing which you then credit back to VA.

I would not ever chase status with Virgin on my own dime for anything above $3 per SC.

Sprucegoose

AFF Supporter
Yes. On VA - added bonus if seeing family as well. To stretch it out I am going via ADL

Well done. I need 400 SC to retain gold so I am hoping for a DSC deal and do something like yourself. How many SC did you earn?

fantasy86dj

Flights
My Map
Due to my lovely promtion total of 200 status credits. This will retain my silver until jan 16 !!! But it is so easy to retain Silver. 95% of my travel is up to Sydney so I will be retaining for quite a while. I am fully self funded and do not travel enough for Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
berylmorris