What is VA doing? (2021 strategy)

HS-TQE

Solutions
The big gap in the partner network is Europe, and ultimately if partners are considered by Bain and co as important to VA's future, a tie up with LH group wouldn't hurt VA (noting that AF/KL are in the QF camp right now and obviously IAG is oneworld).
Considering VA has an interline agreement with the LH group carriers (LH interlines with everyone in Oceania basically - including QF group's JQ), that is not out of the question.

Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
The big gap in the partner network is Europe, and ultimately if partners are considered by Bain and co as important to VA's future, a tie up with LH group wouldn't hurt VA (noting that AF/KL are in the QF camp right now and obviously IAG is oneworld).
It would be quite amusing if it was any of the later, IAG in particular.

MooTime

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
How do you get Europe as a gap???
EY & SQ both go Europe from Aus.

SQ I know cancelled Aus flights for October or something, but that's a short temp thing.

from my point of view they have Europe, Asia & US/Canada reasonably well covered, not bad considering there're not part of any alliance IMO.

antycbr

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
If on a trip and wanting to fly between CDG and FRA, neither AUH nor (especially) SIN would be desirable as transit points (unless you are after SC/Points 🙈🙊🙉).
Did VS ever start up anything intra-Europe at all? I've lost track.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

henrus

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Did VS ever start up anything intra-Europe at all? I've lost track.
Not recently but they've had a few shorter haul flights over the years. More recently in 2013 they had an airline running for 2 years called little red, it was only domestic UK flights.

Back in the 2000s they had flights from the UK to Athens with A320/321's and then back in the 80s and 90s they had some UK/Ireland/Europe services.

HS-TQE

Solutions
VS did try to acquire Flybe for a second shot at UK domestic & short haul international (after their Little Red operated by Aer Lingus failure), but we know how Flybe went financially and was one of the first aviation business victims of COVID and all.

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I did see that VARA are adding 2x A320’s to their fleet in the New Year for the booming FIFO routes. Anyone know if these are existing aircraft in the VA fleet or if they are bringing some more in?

HS-TQE

Solutions
I did see that VARA are adding 2x A320’s to their fleet in the New Year for the booming FIFO routes. Anyone know if these are existing aircraft in the VA fleet or if they are bringing some more in?
There are no TT A320s left, so they'll be leasing them from elsewhere.
Just not sure if they're from TR (Scoot)

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..