What I ate today - the food thread

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260
Qantas
LT Silver
Kumquats are in season and people can't give them away fast enough in my 'hood. Teacake (because although it is very light, it’s not very high). It has a lovely citrus flavour and is basically almond flour, eggs, sugar baking powder and cooked kumquats mashed up a bit.
Thought you might need a break from carnivorous things.

Attachments

• E0E3B90B-EA12-4467-A060-CC41511DB678.jpeg
    E0E3B90B-EA12-4467-A060-CC41511DB678.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

I love to travel

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Kumquats are in season and people can't give them away fast enough in my 'hood. Teacake (because although it is very light, it’s not very high). It has a lovely citrus flavour and is basically almond flour, eggs, sugar baking powder and cooked kumquats mashed up a bit.
Do you think it would post well? My address is ......

Denali

Solutions
We had half of yesterday's charcoal chicken left over and added a salad, soft eggs and bacon for a caesar salad lunch.

We were working outside in the heat all day so a great lunch was had.

I have to work on my salad dressing but not bad at short notice

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I must get me some Kumquats. I have run out of the brandy I made with them gently soaking for a couple of years.

OZDUCK

Established Member
A month or two back Woolies had these Confit Duck legs on special at 1/2 price - I can't remember the price but it was pretty reasonable. They had a 'use by date' about 5 months from the purchase date. Last night I prepared one packet. They only take 15 minutes in the oven to heat up. I put them under the grill to crisp them up a bit but I perhaps should have crisped them up a little bit more. Even better, there was enough duck lard in the packet to cook the chips. The legs were very tender and sweet.

Duck1.jpg

Duck.jpg

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements