What happened to the DJ Amex card?

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Oneworld
Emerald
Just found this on the Amex AU homepage. But the link seems inaccessible. Anyone can see the details? Curious to know. Guess this DJ card might be discontinued or something? American_Express_Australia_-_Credit_Cards__Frequent_Flyer__Offers__Rewards_and_Travel_Insurance.jpg

Maybe due to the recent company sale? There is also some stuff on SMH if you do a google search…..

Just found this on the Amex AU homepage. But the link seems inaccessible. Anyone can see the details? Curious to know. Guess this DJ card might be discontinued or something? View attachment 315012
Not sure, but this article is interesting.

Maybe due to the recent company sale? There is also some stuff on SMH if you do a google search…..
Yeah I remember I read that before; AMEX even faced with a legal action for the way it distributed the cobranded card and confused customers.

Speaking go DJ AmEx, I found out recently that the card I had years ago (and closed years ago) still shows on my credit file. The available balance has been changed to zero with the date around the time I closed it, but it still shows as an open credit in my file. Many MANY calls to AmEX has resulted in them finding the details in their system but they have not anything to fix the issue on my credit file. Any idea how I may have this rectified?

Speaking go DJ AmEx, I found out recently that the card I had years ago (and closed years ago) still shows on my credit file. The available balance has been changed to zero with the date around the time I closed it, but it still shows as an open credit in my file. Many MANY calls to AmEX has resulted in them finding the details in their system but they have not anything to fix the issue on my credit file. Any idea how I may have this rectified?
You need to request the update with the credit reporting company, it can take a bit but it should be updated eventually.

You need to request the update with the credit reporting company, it can take a bit but it should be updated eventually.
Thanks Blackcat. I did but I was told it was the AmEx that needed to update as it is their entry in the file :-|

This has been going on for at least 3 years (since I was first made aware of it when I applied for a loan). I have tried but I have gone nowhere. No one wants to take ownership and fix it :-(

Thanks Blackcat. I did but I was told it was the AmEx that needed to update as it is their entry in the file :-|

This has been going on for at least 3 years (since I was first made aware of it when I applied for a loan). I have tried but I have gone nowhere. No one wants to take ownership and fix it :-(

The reporting body must fix it if it is wrong.

The reporting body must fix it if it is wrong.

Which in my case means AmEx. They "see" the problem, but do not (cannot?/would not?) do anything to fix it :-(

Which in my case means AmEx. They "see" the problem, but do not (cannot?/would not?) do anything to fix it :-(
Or the actual company providing the report . ANy company selling that info has an obligation to make sure it is correct.

The new owners of DJs may not have seen the point of the card either.

For now, it looks like a bit of a sit and wait to see what migration plan they come up with,
Nah it's definitely because ASIC cracked down on them. Executive Traveller said that they stopped issuing the cards from July 2022 due to pressure from ASIC.

Ideally, perhaps for some:
* DJ card members get moved to <insert new provider>
* DJ customer then free to join Amex separately and get sign on bonuses as new Amex Member

Yeah, good luck with that.

I have the same problem with Citi and Latitude. Both swear they’ve told Equifax and Equifax says it’s received nothing. Circular argument that goes on for eternity ……

Guess we'll find out in September what the new cards offer.
Better be free gift wrapping, free delivery and in my case, no annual fee for life.

3 points per dollar in supermarkets and petrol stations would be nice, but can live without.

Back