What happened to the Amex Qantas card with the free flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opusman

I was just on the Amex site investigating my options after getting the letter regarding no more QF points, and I couldn't find any trace of the Qantas-branded card that gives you the one free flight a year (can't remember what it was called). I know they used to have three in that range but now there seem to be only two.

I was planning to switch to that one as I like the 1.5 pts / $ earn rate of my current Rewards Maximizer card, but with that gone it looks like I have no option but to drop to 1.25 :(

Does anyone know if that card is still available?

I will be using the changes (drop to 1.25 points/$ and lack of QF or AA partners) as reasons to swing a fee exemption for next year. But will call tomorrow as I just BPayed $16,000 to the card and want them to see that as included in my annual spend as a negotiating point. No fee exemption and I will just drop the card and use my Visa for all spending.

Thanks for the link - not sure how I missed it on the main site as I can see it now :rolleyes:

$450 is quite a lot for a credit card really, will have to see if I can justify it points wise..

Yes you do get a free flight with the AMEX Ultimate Card but there is a catch and that is that you need to have purchased a Qantas product (flight or other) before you qualify for the "free" flight.

And by the way, its not just a one off but very year or else no freebie flight!

At $450 a year membership I'm just about to send mine back to AMEX with a big thank you but no thanks!:mad:

Yes you do get a free flight with the AMEX Ultimate Card but there is a catch and that is that you need to have purchased a Qantas product (flight or other) before you qualify for the "free" flight.

Me: I'd like to redeem my domestic flight
Agent: Have you met the qualify requirement?
Me: Yes
Agent: Ok, putting you through

Me: I'd like to redeem my domestic flight
Agent: Have you met the qualify requirement?
Me: Yes
Agent: Ok, putting you through

Hahaha! Love it. Try it again next week and see if you can score another domestic flight... :D

Thanks for the link - not sure how I missed it on the main site as I can see it now :rolleyes:

$450 is quite a lot for a credit card really, will have to see if I can justify it points wise..

Maybe 900 for the Platinum is better value ? ;) you can get the other card for free if you have the expensive one.
E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back