WESTPAC/VIRGIN

Discussion in 'Westpac Altitude Rewards' started by sumo, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. sumo

sumo Newbie

Sep 4, 2005
    I recently had a $275 balance transfer charged to my virgin card from my westpac card that i closed in Sept 2003!!!!!
    It was from a small tradesman in another state who does not work outside his metro area. it was for a service performed ?/?? on 25/1/06.
    On enquiring I was told that I must pay for all authorisations before the date I closed my card (sept 2003).
    On asking them that i should believe the absolute stupidity of the set of circumstances that they insist actually happened ie that i authorised a tradesman in another state, sometime before sept 2003, to work on my house in Jan 06 and used a card that I had long forgotton about, I was told that I had obviously forgotton. Im not a complete numbskull.
    I laughed until I cried :( :twisted:
    I then had 15 days to lodge a written formal objection from the date of their letter or lose all right to do so. This letter arrived 21/02/06 dated 09/02/06.
    Westpac ie Virgin are the biggest bunch of pricks I have ever dealt with and their moronic dispute settling????/ staff are a disgrace. (Yes even worse than Citibank)
    I urge each and everyone of you to take care with either???? company.
    By the way Im just on my way to buy Westpac shares

2. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    it appears that you know a lot about the tradesman if you didn't even use his services.

as a credit card user you have a lot of rights concerning unauthorised transactions. you should become familiar with your rights, and take action. writing a letter to the bank to resolve the issue (and a letter to the banking industry ombudsman if neccesary) will do a lot more good than making a rambling post here.

3. sumo

sumo Newbie

Sep 4, 2005
    Thats is because I checked him out after the transaction was posted to my account dickhead

4. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    So basically your concern is with an unauthorised transaction on your Westpac card? Then I'd hate to say it but you have no complaint with Virgin (I assume you mean the Virgin Money MC and not the NAB Velocity Visa/Amex).

Go through the normal channels for having an unauthorised claim investigated and the issue will be resolved.

5. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Someone has problems communicating by the looks of things, cannot even be civil in a forum, glad I dont work at Westpac who by the way I find very good when it comes to customer service, no doubt something to do with getting back what you give when it comes to attitude (or should I say altitude) :twisted:

6. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    sumo

This type of language is uncalled for and unwelcome here :!: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Like Like x 1