From my existing Altitude Black (Altitude Rewards) account, I applied last Wednesday, was approved after answering their follow-up call on Thursday, and am hoping to receive the cards shortly.
Has anyone established yet (over and above what's stated in the marketing material)...
...whether there are any special restrictions on spend for the signing bonus?
...whether you need to somehow link it to your existing Altitude account or it just works automatically?
...how quickly regular points post?
...how quickly the bonus points post after hitting the minimum spend?
...whether it's enabled for Local Champion?
...whether there are any special welcome Amex Offers?
...whether the existing Westpac-issued card remains active until the appointed date in (I think) April, and can be leveraged for existing benefits (lounge passes, say) in addition to those on the new card?
Results (based on my own experiences) so far:
- Signing bonus came through fine, with spend including overseas transactions (SPG points purchase).
- Regular points post in a day or two (to the temporary Amex bucket), just like Membership Rewards points (although somewhat later in the day).
- The bonus points came in at the same time as the regular points for the transaction that took me over the spend threshold.
- As mentioned previously, Local Champion is available (although there are few circumstances where it would be beneficial over the Platinum Edge and Explorer, unless they're maxed out) and I got a couple of special Amex Offers.
- As I think was true of the Velocity Escape (when I used to have it) points seem to round to nearest dollar rather than down. So for very small transactions this might be advantageous over the Explorer.
- The points go into a separate bucket in the Amex portal; I imagine they get funneled to Westpac monthly, as did the Velocity points when I had the Escape.
- Since I haven't had a transfer to Altitude yet, I can't confirm whether any special setup is required, but I wasn't given any paperwork so hopefully they use the referral code to link that stuff transparently.
Well, you can shop at Points.com and it seems to work.So you can buy points to use up some of the 3k spend required?
What is local champion?
The offer email should be in your online banking inbox.Anyone has a screenshot of the Westpac Amex Platinum card with the bonus points?
I applied for the Platinum one and the welcome letter with the card has no mentioned of the bonus points
I called Amex, they said they can't see any bonus points on my (new) account, and call Westpac as it is a Westpac thing, and when I called Westpac, they said it is an Amex thing
I know it is not a lot of bonus QFF, but felt cheated. I'll try again later in the week and if I can't get any bonus points, at least I haven't spent on it yet
Different people got different points offers, so if your letter didnt have one then maybe theres no bonus for you.