Westpac Altitude Black Card Increases Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramboflyer

Received an e-mail yesterday from Westpac with what looks like a significant improvement in rewards and lounge access.

You can now earn 6 points for certain flight bookings, 2 points for a range of retail stores and the same 1.25 for everything else (if only they would increase that).

To me the best part is it looks as though you can now take your travel companion with you into a lounge under the Priority Pass membership.

"Your complimentary passes, as part of your Priority Pass membership, can now be shared with your travel companion."

As I nearly always travel with Mrs Ramboflyer I couldn't see how I could otherwise have used the lounge pass which only allowed entry for the PP member.

To me the best part is it looks as though you can now take your travel companion with you into a lounge under the Priority Pass membership.

"Your complimentary passes, as part of your Priority Pass membership, can now be shared with your travel companion."
To me that reads more like they are saying you can use another pass in addition to your own to guest a companion in. Unless they're giving you more passes, this would be a reduction of visits per year if you were always with someone else :confused:

To me that reads more like they are saying you can use another pass in addition to your own to guest a companion in. Unless they're giving you more passes, this would be a reduction of visits per year if you were always with someone else :confused:

Yes I agree. I think PP give you 2 complimentary passes each year so if you take someone else there goes your 2 free entries. I think I can live with that given I can enter lounges through other means such as the Westpac Amex card (American Express lounges) and when flying in J.
I also have 2 Virgin lounge passes to use from a recently cancelled ANZ card as well.

I think the change to PP is great, especially since the entrance fee for guests just went up. We always travel together and now can free entry to one lounge for the both of us, without having to do sums to work out if it is worth the extra USD$32 for me as guest. Nice to see an enhancement rather than the usual dimunition of privileges

But it gives you more flexibility on how you use them.

But it gives you more flexibility on how you use them.
I don't disagree with you there. Just think it would be nice if they also bumped up the number of passes so bringing a guest meant you didn't lose out to the number of visits ;)

To clarify this for all as I was just looking into this further, it's only for purchases on the Mastercard for the Altitude Version, it doesn't apply to the Qantas or Velocity cards.

Effective earn rate of 2 FF points covering 5 great airlines & hope they all survive.

Attachments

• Altitue Rewards.png
    Altitue Rewards.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Anybody know how long bonus points take to post from this card? I hit the spend in the second billing cycle but no bonus. T and C's say 12 weeks, but I've never waited that long for any other card.

It usually comes through at the end of that billing cycle that you finished the spending, but Covit-19 may have slowed it down.

has anyone tried bringing in a guess and confirm that they weren't charged on their account usd for their guest? was it in fact complimentary entry for a guess and did it use up one of your 2 free visits or both?

We did in January - went to the burger place in Sydney airport and was billed correctly for two visits for the two of us on the one card, both complimentary.

We did in January - went to the burger place in Sydney airport and was billed correctly for two visits for the two of us on the one card, both complimentary.
Thanks ill take one young child with me next time and tell them to charge the westpac card for one guest too. wife has a dinersclub and i have one too with same initials as another child so hopefully we all can get in as a family without too many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back