Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Westpac has a new range of bonus point offers out now, including this one with the Altitude Black MasterCard/Amex bundle. You can choose to earn Altitude points, Qantas points or Velocity points. If you opt in to Altitude Velocity rewards (which costs $50/year) you can receive 120,000 Velocity points + 75 status credits.

Offer ends 15 October 2019.

Minimum spend requirements:

• 80,000 bonus Velocity Points when you apply, are approved and spend $4,000 on eligible purchases on the Mastercard within 90 days of card approval. ^ Plus, if you spend an additional $6,000 on that card in the first year, you'll also get 50 status credits. 2
  • Plus 40,000 bonus Velocity Points ~ and 25 Velocity status credits 5 when you apply, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on your new American Express Westpac Altitude Black Card within 90 days of Card approval.

This looks good points total wise, especially for those collecting KF as it works out to about 77k KF points at the 1.55 rate if transferred across from velocity. The annual fee is a bit high though @ $500 in total so hopefully they do a promotion with zero fees like in the past.

The platinum bundle gives you 100k (60k + 40k) velocity points with a slightly lower annual fee of $400.

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive the bonus points?

I applied for the Westpac platinum deal with 60k bonus points close to 2 months ago and hit the minimum spend of $3k within the first statement but haven't received the bonus points yet.

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity today, I rang Altitude Rewards & spoke with an Australian call centre advising I like to change my recently obtained Black Qantas Altitude to the new Velocity bundle.

You can change easily between the rewards programs although wanted to clarify the situation with the 120k bonus QF points as spend eligibility hasn’t been achieved yet.

The operator after consulting with his Manager for about 10 mins advised that what ever program is active on the card at the time of the points being posted, will apply. He couldn’t provide a reference number although advised his name & supervisors should I call back to change.

Now the question to focus on QF points considering the recent Devaluation or Velocity with the valuable Krisflyer miles for overseas travel..

Aim is the fly to NYC on 2 business awards, any thoughts on the program that will deliver better availability?

I applied for the Westpac platinum deal with 60k bonus points close to 2 months ago and hit the minimum spend of $3k within the first statement but haven't received the bonus points yet.

Thanks!

Previous reports are that Westpac are posting points slower than Amex so I would be inclined to think the 12 weeks may apply.

Westpac altitude platinum QF bonus points were in my 3rd statement since meeting spend. i.e. they were very slow.

Anyone know how the $50 fee for Qantas or Velocity work. Its attached to the MC but my plan is to dump the MC once I have the bonus points but keep the Amex for its lounge passes, decent points earn and additional Amex offers. Will the program fee then be added to the Amex next time around?

Another question. You need to make a spend on the Altitude card with Virgin to trigger the two Virgin Lounge domestic passes. Is the a cheapie available to meet the spend?

Thanks!

Card awarded 24th June. Minimum spend hit a few days later. Points (reward pts and 80K bonus pts) hit my Velocity account this afternoon and card cancelled on line 10 minutes ago.

I will keep the Amex as it is a decent earner and I can use some of the offers and lounge access.

Card awarded 24th June. Minimum spend hit a few days later. Points (reward pts and 80K bonus pts) hit my Velocity account this afternoon and card cancelled on line 10 minutes ago.

I will keep the Amex as it is a decent earner and I can use some of the offers and lounge access.

I am expecting mine to come in within the next few days, fingers crossed (this is my 3rd statement already!)

I'm assuming not precluded from this offer if already hold a directly issued AMEX card?

And having these card does not impact on the 18 month exclusion period for AMEX offerings?

No. All OK from both ends. I'll probably hang onto the Amex and churn other Amex cards around it every 18months.

Very quick points turnaround as well. My Mastercard has recieved bonus points and been cancelled in a little over a month.

Anyone know if paying for lottery is considered a cash advance on this card?
Can not confirm from my own recent experience.

But with other cards it is treated as such.

So I cannot see why this card would be different.

Anyone know if buying Velocity points would trigger the two lounge pass and Economy X upgrade?

Is it possible to keep the amex card and cancel the westpac card once the points have arrived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back