Westpac 16k points for $75 (expires 30 November 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that works for me - I'll have a slice of that.

Applied today for Earth Card and automatically approved with mammoth $1,000 limit - no probs - I'll activate the card spend $20 and toss both cards in the drawer for 3 months then cancel.

Next CC offer please?

did you finish the application? I got stuck at the 'select a branch to pick up your card' page. I find my nearest branch, but when i click on the 'select' button, nothing happens.

tried it on 3 browsers.

did you finish the application? I got stuck at the 'select a branch to pick up your card' page. I find my nearest branch, but when i click on the 'select' button, nothing happens.

tried it on 3 browsers.
Completed online without a hiccup

Westpac - Fly sooner with Earth Cards

Cheaper than the EDR bonus!

$75 p/a
$1/1pt on amex
$1/0.5pt on MC

16,000 bonus points
.47cent/point

Nice sign up bonus on this one, me thinks my ANZ QFF is now on the chopping block (which by the way was $95 annual fee with 16k QFF - Earn exactly the same at 1:1 / 0.5:1)

Looks like the kick-off for the bonus sign-up points season...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just applied and approved, an easy 16k Points!

A side question, how long do people hold on to these cards that they pick up purely for the bonus points? Does cancelling a card have an affect on your credit rating or best to hold for as long as possible and then cancel before the year ticks over so as not to pay the fee?

I have an ANZ one sitting in the draw that I got for the bonus points but haven't cancelled as yet. The two cards I actually use day to day are the 28 degrees mastercard and Citibank platinum visa picked up with the 60,000 bonus points.

tried it on 3 browsers.

Could only get through application process by using IE8 (No IE9 here since still on XP Pro he he)

Chrome & Firefox would not work at the step selecting a local branch for pick-up...!

Could only get through application process by using IE8 (No IE9 here since still on XP Pro he he)

Chrome & Firefox would not work at the step selecting a local branch for pick-up...!

i ended up going to a branch. but then they are still running on IE6.

No problems on Safari

Absolute bargain, both my wife and myself applied for cards, approved straight away so looking forward to the 16K points x 2 to roll in to our QFF accounts

Applied for this card (16k bonus card) a couple of days ago, being self employed there is no instant on-line approval for me, however it hit MyVeda Alert this morning, so hopefully I get approval soon...

Being a Westpac CC customer in the past for over 5 years (currently not a Westpac customer), I would imagine that I have a good chance of getting this card perhaps?, however they may feel like my existing limits on other cards are high enough already. Which brings me to one question, what do we all agree is the general rule for combined maximum CC limits based on gross / nett income...?

Being self employed I try hard to get my taxable income as low as possible via capping out on personal super contributions and many other tax deductibility, problem with this is it gives a false indication of my actual earning capacity since I over commit to Super by choice, hence credit facility may be harder to obtain....

What does everybody think is an acceptable ratio of limit vs income...?

Cheers

I had 25% of my income in credit. Applied for this card, and the credit they gave me bought that number up to 40% of income.

But i'm sure they take debts into account too. i have 0 credit card debt but have a mortgage.

I had 25% of my income in credit. Applied for this card, and the credit they gave me bought that number up to 40% of income.

But i'm sure they take debts into account too. i have 0 credit card debt but have a mortgage.

I'm currently at 40% of Gross income so perhaps I am dreaming I will be approved, I do have a lot of savings and assets but I'm not sure they count. I really need to reduce my credit limit on some of my cards... :shock:

Edit: I have big limits, but I need them since I practically use a credit card for every spend in my life...!

But hey, an application to this card cost me noting so why not...!

Errr yes, trick question Cruiser...?
No I was just being a smart cough - like you Shintaro self employed and do whatever possible to get income to ZERO if possible - but then I come up against Citi who want 120K to get Select - that is my next mission - get select with next to no income.

I am at about 30% of my NET income, have no debts (and always pay my cards off by due date) and a good amount of savings. Not self employed unfortunately so can't use the tax man to my best advantage.

No one managed to answer my question as to how long people hold on to cards like this that they purely pick up for the bonus points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back