Ways of obatining qualifying points for AA Challenge

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by jameslc, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. jameslc

jameslc Newbie

May 9, 2007
    Sydney
    Hi

Can someone tell me what are all the ways that it is possible to earn Elite Status points that are eligible for the challenge? Is it just by flying sectors on AA flights? Or do any of the following qualify?

- Points transfers from other AA members
    - Points transfered from a credit card
    - Flights on One World partners

Another question. I booked some tickets from HNL-UIO on AA in Q class. Is this class eligible for earning points for the challenge? Thanks!

James.

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    AA's Gold and Platinum challenges can only be completed by earning the required number of Elite Qualifying Points (EQP), being 5,000 for Gold and 10,000 for Platinum challenge. EQP for the challenges can only be earned by flying on AA coded flights. You cannot earn EQP towards challenges from any other method such as credit card spending (Frequent Debting), hotel stays (Frequent Staying), Partner Flights (unless using an AA flight code).

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    At a rate of ½ a Qpoint per mile, Yes.

So HNL-UIO on an AA flight number will earn you 2773 Qpoints and 5547 AAdvantage miles.

4. tscharke

tscharke Member

Sep 28, 2006
    just out of curiosity - how would one find a listing of all AA coded flights?

5. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    the AA timetable link to downloads

note some domestic 2+ sector flights with a single flight number change around a lot
    also note seasonal routes may not be apparent in the current timetable