Waiving of phone booking fee for classic awards

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Daver6, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Daver6

Daver6 Established Member

Dec 31, 2011
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Quick question. SWMBO is WP. Just called the WP line and got a couple of J seats released for a trip to HK in October.

My general understanding is phone booking fees are waived if you can't book something online. Now, getting extra award seats released is not something one can do online. They still insisted on charging to phone booking for of $60 each (Im going too).

What's other peoples experience with this been? Any word on what should happen?

Thanks

David

2. RooFlyer

RooFlyer Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2012
    Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Its been a while since I called and had an Award J seat opened up for me, but I don't recall being charged a phone fee. 90% sure never charged.

3. Daver6

Daver6 Established Member

Dec 31, 2011
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thanks RooFlyer.

Anyone else had any experience with this and care to comment?

4. harvyk

harvyk Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    CBR
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Any booking which can not be made online should not have a booking fee (either $$$ or points) attached if you call up by phone.
    Of course, the only thing you can consistently count on when dealing with QF via the phone is that it's inconsistent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tinkybelle

tinkybelle Active Member

Aug 5, 2004
    sydney
    when booking a seat specially released for any plat and chairmans yes a booking fee has always ben quoted and paid.
    I have had lots of success gutting it waived for flts where I saw a FF ticket then it would not let me book it
    like the silver debarcle still going on.

6. drsmithy

drsmithy Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Recently had to get a couple of Y seats released for a trip PER-BNE, was charged $35pp.

Both myself and my wife are WP.

Was unimpressed, to say the least, but I assumed it was being charged due to the "get it released" part, rather than the "phone booking" part.