Waiving of phone booking fee for classic awards | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Waiving of phone booking fee for classic awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daver6

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Quick question. SWMBO is WP. Just called the WP line and got a couple of J seats released for a trip to HK in October.

My general understanding is phone booking fees are waived if you can't book something online. Now, getting extra award seats released is not something one can do online. They still insisted on charging to phone booking for of $60 each (Im going too).

What's other peoples experience with this been? Any word on what should happen?

Thanks

David

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Its been a while since I called and had an Award J seat opened up for me, but I don't recall being charged a phone fee. 90% sure never charged.

Daver6

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Thanks RooFlyer.

Anyone else had any experience with this and care to comment?

harvyk

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Any booking which can not be made online should not have a booking fee (either $$$ or points) attached if you call up by phone.
Of course, the only thing you can consistently count on when dealing with QF via the phone is that it's inconsistent.

tinkybelle

when booking a seat specially released for any plat and chairmans yes a booking fee has always ben quoted and paid.
I have had lots of success gutting it waived for flts where I saw a FF ticket then it would not let me book it
like the silver debarcle still going on.

drsmithy

Quick question. SWMBO is WP. Just called the WP line and got a couple of J seats released for a trip to HK in October.

My general understanding is phone booking fees are waived if you can't book something online. Now, getting extra award seats released is not something one can do online. They still insisted on charging to phone booking for of $60 each (Im going too).

What's other peoples experience with this been? Any word on what should happen?

Thanks

David
Recently had to get a couple of Y seats released for a trip PER-BNE, was charged $35pp.

Both myself and my wife are WP.

Was unimpressed, to say the least, but I assumed it was being charged due to the "get it released" part, rather than the "phone booking" part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaphjam