Visa PayWave now available from Citibank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfrog86

Not everyone will be impressed, however I've been waiting for Citibank to implement Visa Paywave into their credit cards for some time now...

Looked on their website and saw all the cards now have pretty new pictures showing the Paywave symbol... (The low rate products also seem to have a new, less attractive, card design).

I've asked them to reissue my card with this feature included and they are doing so without the need for the card number to change!

Given I use the Citibank Plus transaction account to withdraw money overseas I also asked about the Visa Debit product and they said they are working on implementing chips into the Debit cards also, however no dates or further info on that front at this stage...

That's so annoying. I only received a new Citibank card last week (to replace one that was about to expire) and it doesn't have it.

I rarely use my Citibank card anyway. It's the backup card that I lock in my hotel safe when travelling just in case I lose my wallet.

Excellent news. As soon as they implement it onto the debit cards then i'll be kissing NAB goodbye.

In the card comparison tool it lists paypass as contactless technology for the Mastercards so you might be in luck.

I tried calling. I almost laughed when they ask "how can I provide you with excellent service today?"

The first time I was placed on hold and then disconnected.
The second time I was told it is not currently available for my card, and I will automatically be issued with a replacement card once it becomes available. I doubt it somehow.

And don't say paypass to them, they don't know what it is.

I tried calling. I almost laughed when they ask "how can I provide you with excellent service today?"

The second time I was told it is not currently available for my card, and I will automatically be issued with a replacement card once it becomes available. I doubt it somehow.

Thats cos its called Paywave lol.

I called up last night, took me about 3 calls to actually get through to them and not get hung up on. I asked for my cards to be replaced because of paywave, and she was like what? we don't offer paywave on our Visas, I'm like what? look at your own website.

Then she puts me on hold, and comes back and says Oh, I'm not sure you'll get the paywave, but I'll order you replacement cards anyway.

citibank customer service are the biggest bunch of noobs ever, its quite sad, cos the product itself is fkn awesome

I was put on hold too when I called regarding this, however she finally found the relevant 'script' and managed to order a new card...

I wouldn't rely on Citibank saying you'll get issued with a new card automatically - what benefit is there to them to send out thousands of cards before they expire, just to include a feature that not many customers will actually use.

You could use language like 'a feature for contact-less payments' rather than PayWave or PayPass if you're having trouble conveying what you are after... It looks like Citibank doesn't offer cards with PayWave in the Philippines yet so the staff may not be familiar with this feature if they themselves haven't had a chance to use it etc.

New card arrived tonight - same card number, expiry, CVV etc.

Only difference (may be Citibusiness specific rather than portfolio, I'm not sure) is that they have changed branding on the card from Citi to Citibank... Lol

Only difference (may be Citibusiness specific rather than portfolio, I'm not sure) is that they have changed branding on the card from Citi to Citibank... Lol

My most recently issued card ( before paywave) is branded Citibank. Can't remember what the branding on my previous card was.

Sent from my LT26i using AustFreqFly

Response from submitting an online enquiry:

Please be advised that beginning 02 July 2012, once your current credit card expires or is reported as lost/stolen, the replacement card you will receiving will have the payWave/payPass enabled.

Response from submitting an online enquiry:

That is correct - that is always how they release new features, although some card issuers decide to wear the cost of reissuing to everyone at once.

Please note that this does not prevent you from calling and asking for them to issue you a new card that contains this feature should you want one.

Yes I called this morning and ask to send me replacement card and she tried to sell life insurance and i said no to her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back