Visa free travel / Visa required for Australian Passport Holders

Discussion in 'Visas, Immigration & Customs' started by coles525, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. coles525

coles525 Established Member

Good morning all,

Just been searching both on here and google in regards to if there is a list on countries that do not require a visa.

Unsure if it's still upto date, but found the following site:

http:// embassy-finder.com/travel-with_australia_passport

It lists many countries / specific areas which are visa free, or allow visa on arrival. Also includes the cost for V.O.A; as well as the valid period of time allowed inside listed countries.

Feel free to add to the list of either what countries require a visa, or not needing to apply.

2. RooFlyer

RooFlyer Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2012
    Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You can use this site: https://visasdirect.com.au/ to check if you need visa or not, how to get it, cost etc under multiple passport, travel nature, etc scenarios.

Note: Windows or some-one gives me a 'security certificate' warning when I go to it - don't know why. I use this site and Toll Visa services all the time

• Like Like x 1
  3. coles525

coles525 Established Member

4. Foreigner

Foreigner Established Member

Mar 29, 2006
    SYD

USA could be added as under the Visa Waiver Program, one doesn't need to obtain visa. You must obtain an ESTA before arrival. There's a fee for getting approval...from memory, usd14.

In other respects, useful info in your link.

5. MEL_Traveller

MEL_Traveller Enthusiast

Apr 27, 2005
    Melbourne, AU
    Worth noting that both Qantas and Virgin Australia provide inaccurate information regarding visas on their websites.

Qantas provides a link to an external provider who incorrectly tells you a visa is required for transit in China*. Virgin Australia completely omits TWOV as an option for China, advising you cannot travel without a visa.

Always best to refer to an official source such as TIMATIC and to carry a print out of TIMATIC if yuo are wanting to take advantage of certain visa waiver provisions.

*link to external provider currently seems down, but as of two months ago, the output from the link to IATA was incorrect.