Virgin reviews fares instead of increasing fuel surcharge. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Virgin reviews fares instead of increasing fuel surcharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,18988730-5003402,00.html

"AIRLINE Virgin Blue has decided to review its airfares on a route-by-route basis rather than an across-the-board increase in its fuel surcharge."

A step in the right direction I think. Now if only they could completely remove the Fuel Surcharge and replace it with fare increases, I think things would be better... And also put more pressure on Qantas to follow suit.

[Rant]
Fuel Surcharges should be in the base fare. And they should be calculated on the distance of the flight and likely burn of fuel. None of this "flat rate" whether you are flying 100miles or 1000miles rubbish.
[/rant]

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Re: Virgin reviews fares instead of increasing fuel surcharg

Mal said:
[Rant]
Fuel Surcharges should be in the base fare. And they should be calculated on the distance of the flight and likely burn of fuel. None of this "flat rate" whether you are flying 100miles or 1000miles rubbish.
[/rant]
:D You are so right, fuel surcharges have gone past their use by date.

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Re: Virgin reviews fares instead of increasing fuel surcharg

Mal said:
None of this "flat rate" whether you are flying 100miles or 1000miles rubbish.
Or paying different rates whether you are flying 10,000 miles (SYD-LHR) or 10,000 miles (BNE-LHR with compulsory change in SIN, doubling the fuel charge).

serfty

Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
or shorter trans-tasman vs longer intra oz :evil:
I had to jump the gun this week and book MEL-HKG-MEL flights for four people far earlier than I planned. :evil: (2 T class, 2 V).

The reason? a $23 jump per segment as of Friday and $23 x 4 x 2 = $184.

As it was, the T class fares had T/L/C's of $220.02 each. :shock: :shock: :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadjalo