Virgin Blue gets approval for US flights | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Virgin Blue gets approval for US flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
From The Australian

Virgin Blue gets approval for US flights | Aviation | The Australian

VIRGIN Blue plans to launch a long-haul international airline on US routes have been given a green light by the airline¿s board as Australia¿s second biggest carrier yesterday upgraded its net profit forecast by 40 per cent to more than $158 million.

Virgin said the revised forecast followed an improvement in market conditions and the airline’s performance as the result of initiatives launched last year.

The airline said it would now begin a planning and implementation phase of its plan to fly wide-body aircraft to the US and possibly some Asian destinations.

Yada Yada

Established Member
And SQ is not happy!

smh.com.au said:
But Virgin Blue's delay of long-haul services - most likely to Los Angeles - from early to late 2008 drew an angry response from Singapore Airlines.

"Almost a year after the Government rejected Singapore Airlines' bid to fly between Australia and the USA, with all the benefits it would bring, consumers will now be waiting at least another two full years before there's any new competition on that route," Singapore Air said in a statement.
Link to story

SeaWolf

SIA is just sour cause it had a go at bribery to get access but found out this isn't Singapore and things don't work that way here.
Business Report - Singapore Airlines accused of bribery
Australian Labor Party tourism spokesman Martin Ferguson on Thursday criticised SIA for offering an all expenses paid four-day trip to Singapore to the 10 members of the House of Representatives' transport and regional affairs committee.

kpc

AFF Supporter
SeaWolf said:
SIA is just sour cause it had a go at bribery to get access but found out this isn't Singapore and things don't work that way here.
Business Report - Singapore Airlines accused of bribery
I wonder why then would Qantas have "Chairman's Lounge" members??:rolleyes::rolleyes:
...a level above QF platinum which is the highest its most frequent and loyal customers can attain. Who does QF invite to join?:evil: Not me or you...

Gazza

Singapore has built an entire economy on being a good place to do business in a transparent open enviroment with little corruption and the even application of the rule of law.

Australia has major issues with corruption.

Your post is very funny.

You were being humourous right?

Gazza

NYCguy

Established Member
kpc said:
I wonder why then would Qantas have "Chairman's Lounge" members??:rolleyes::rolleyes:
...a level above QF platinum which is the highest its most frequent and loyal customers can attain. Who does QF invite to join?:evil: Not me or you...
I was going to post "Yeah... no Australian pollie has ever been given a free upgrade by QF!":rolleyes:, but I forgot all about the CL! Maybe Martin Ferguson has even had an invite? Wonder what the rank-and-file comrades would make of that?:shock:

And may I remind you, lest we forget, that John Anderson was referred to by certain wags in the media as "The Minister for Qantas" during his tenure at the Federal Transport Ministry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea9