Card Promotions Velocity Flyer Card: 25,000 Velocity Pts (with $1500 Spend Each Month) for 4 Months, $129 Virgin Voucher, $64 Fee @ Virgin Money

gda380

Hi all, I applied for this card in Dec 2022 and the first statement was generated on 3 Jan 2023. I still haven't received the points from this statement which shows the 25k bonus + another 2k of points for the spend. I have contacted Virgin and they are saying that there was a system issue and I should receive these points when the next statements is generated (together with the points for the February statement). Has anyone experienced the same?

I can’t comment on time taken to receive points because I only activated my card a fortnight ago. What I can say however is that I’m not at all surprised there’s delays. I’m truly astounded how archaic and dysfunctional their online banking and iPhone app are. This is definitely not a card I’ll be keeping beyond the points landing in my velocity account.

Hi all, I applied for this card in Dec 2022 and the first statement was generated on 3 Jan 2023. I still haven't received the points from this statement which shows the 25k bonus + another 2k of points for the spend. I have contacted Virgin and they are saying that there was a system issue and I should receive these points when the next statements is generated (together with the points for the February statement). Has anyone experienced the same?
Yes. I never got the points sweep from the my January Statement. All prior sweeps have been ok. Please note I have alread made it past the 4 months of 25k bonus so these are just regular points that never arrived.

Just an update, received my points two days ago (25k bonus for month #1 + 2k regular points).. Strange this is after I was told everything should come in the February points credit.

I have this card since Nov and the first two statements were generated on 13th Nov and 13th Dec and both times the points showed up in my Velocity account on the same day.

For Jan's statement it took 3 business days to show up. Possibly a new year thing and systems must be updated or something

For what it’s worth, I got my first statement this morning and points were already in the velocity account when I checked. May have just been a public holiday issue over NY…

Just got the travel credit for the card and it cant be used on reward flight even though the reward flight contains virgin leg 😭

My card arrived on Tuesday, any issues using Beem to get the $1500 a month spend or paying my Zip card off?

Is there any exclusion period for the 100,000 points? Can't see anything in the T&Cs, other than it saying for "new customers" only. Have held a Citi card in the last few months, so want to make sure before pulling the trigger. 100k points + 30k bonus from Velocity is a no brainer for $64.

Is there any exclusion period for the 100,000 points? Can't see anything in the T&Cs, other than it saying for "new customers" only. Have held a Citi card in the last few months, so want to make sure before pulling the trigger. 100k points + 30k bonus from Velocity is a no brainer for $64.
The fine print states “Offer is not available to existing Virgin Money Credit Card holders (including upgrades).”

I assume that if you have an existing card, you should cancel your existing card before applying. There is no language stating 12/18 months exclusion window like other card providers.

The fine print states “Offer is not available to existing Virgin Money Credit Card holders (including upgrades).”

I assume that if you have an existing card, you should cancel your existing card before applying. There is no language stating 12/18 months exclusion window like other card providers.
Was wondering this myself. Not only the 100,000 points but the separate Velocity bonus offers which include that card.

Yeah I'm in that same boat - had one of these cards last year and cancelled in November. There is no specific exclusion so it is tempting to try to go for this again as it is one of the better current offers to take advantage of the 250 bonus SC offer as well.

I can't find any definition of "New Customer Only" on the Virgin Money website

I held the Flyer card till about October last year. FWIW I called up the Virgin rep and she confirmed that I would be eligible. I can’t actually personally confirm this though because I got rejected (probably too many Citi cards held)

I held the Flyer card till about October last year. FWIW I called up the Virgin rep and she confirmed that I would be eligible. I can’t actually personally confirm this though because I got rejected (probably too many Citi cards held)
Have you applied yet for the new one?

Applied for this card this last Sunday but haven't heard anything back from Virgin Money yet.

Wondering how long it has taken folks to hear back about being approved or declined?

Applied for this card this last Sunday but haven't heard anything back from Virgin Money yet.

Wondering how long it has taken folks to hear back about being approved or declined?
I applied towards the end of January and I heard back the next day.

Has anyone else had issues with their application for this card?

I've called three times now over the past couple of weeks, and even though I applied on the 5th March they claim that they will get back to me with a decision in 24-48hrs. When you check online with the reference number, it says that they are reviewing my application.

That being said, I've tried twice now with another application since, using a different browser with cleared cache and cookies, and never received a confirmation email with my reference number.

From memory I never received a confirmation email, but got an approval TXT within about 18 hours of application.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back