VARA A320 seating options (737-800 swapped out) | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

VARA A320 seating options (737-800 swapped out)

Sludge321

Flights
My Map
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on the best seats for a PER-ADL A320 flight? Maybe the exit row (row 11)?

My December flight has just been swapped to an A320, and I had deliberately chosen the only 737 flight that day so I could choose an Economy X seat. I had also placed an UpgradeMe bid for business.

Out of interest, has anyone had any luck in getting change fees etc. waived for a reason like this?

The seat map shows no Economy X seats on the A320 - not even the exit row (although this page doesn't seem to actually be linked from the main site any more - how useful).

seatmap_airbus_a320-large.gif

Last edited:

stig_aus

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
As far as I'm aware the A320 doesn't have Economy X. My wife was moved onto an A320 flight ADL - MEL a few months ago and was able to select 2A for no extra fee (as there was no real benefit to sitting there I suppose).

If you have status I've found VA to be pretty accommodating so it may be worth a try to change your flight, particularly given how far out it is.

Sludge321

Flights
My Map
If you have status I've found VA to be pretty accommodating so it may be worth a try to change your flight, particularly given how far out it is.
I'm tempted to move to the flight earlier in the day which is on an F100 (at least they have decent legroom). But the evening 737 flight (which might have been an A320 previously) gets in too late for my plans, so I might just have to accept the A320. If I changed to a 737 flight I'd expect for it to be swapped around again later anyway knowing my luck!

mel-world

Flights
My Map
Row 11 and 12 are the Exit rows with extra leg room. Nothing special though. I think we got them for $0 on our recent flight from Darwin to Perth. A bit old at 26 years too.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Take row 1 if you can on the A320.
Or the over the wings, if you want the spiel, guess the spiel would be for row 1 on the A320 as well.
Avoid the F100, I repeat, avoid the F100, when they say no to very little cushioning on their seats, its so true.
I chose the 4th or 5th row near the tail, as I wanted window, ADL - PER, (was on the econX, when booking the flights), then the flight got changed from the 737, then to the A320, to the F100.
I didn't try to claim back the ecomX fee, they said its was claimable back if not used, but I know the troublesomeness of phoning VA, (or QF for that matter).
You will get numb bum on the F100, no matter how you move, there is just no cushioning there.
Haven't tried over the wing of the (VARA) A320 yet, so can't say about that, (they might put me in that for my flight tomorrow ADL - MEL).
Also to make matters worst, as we know, the A320 also has no J service.
On the way back from PER - ADL, F100 too, 1 from the noisy engine, next to my head, I had bought the seat next to me as well as my own, still numb bum, but at the least I had space, (2 for 1).

CPMaverick

Flights
My Map
All the seats are rubbish. I don't really like row 1 because the bulkhead is quite close. Just try to switch flights if possible, VA should be ashamed to put their name on these planes.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Hah.
O/T but talking VA, ADL - ASP about to dep, not my flight, but its an F100.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MPK