Using MEL QF lounge for DJ flights

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by sparoy, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. sparoy

sparoy Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Sydney
    I'm wondering whether this is possible/feasible:

My wife and I will be taking separate flights MEL-SYD. She'll be in QF and I'll be in DJ (company policy unfortunately :( )
    We'll be leaving about 15 min aparts. I don't have any lounge access in DJ.

We are both AA PLT. Can I use the MEL QF lounge while waiting for my DJ flight?
    Can she invite me in otherwise?
    Is is practical to do so?
    I believe DJ and QF terminals are in the same building separated by Int terminal.
    Is there a separate security for DJ & QF?
    If so, does it mean that I have to go to security twice?
    Thanks.

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #2 serfty, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
    No, not in your own right as you are not travelling onewworld.
    Probably, look here at the table under "oneworld Airlines Member (Qantas lounge access)", oneworld Sapphire & "The Qantas Club (Domestic lounge)". Your wife will have access certain, she may be able to take you as a guest. The entry does not specifically say the guest must be travelling oneworld.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

If I gained access to the MEL QP, I would depart from there no later then 45 minutes before my scheduled DJ flight's departure. Keep an eye on the DJ web site for flight departure information.

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Since she is travelling on QF, she has lounge access and can take you in as a guest with her. You do not have lounge entitlement in your own rigth

Dave

4. sparoy

sparoy Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Sydney
    Thanks guys for all your replies. I guess I'll try to do it if time permits.