Use Amex Membership Rewards points with PayPal Pay With Rewards Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsthatmattressman

Received from Pay Pal yesterday.

PayPal Pay With Rewards Program

Short on details but it looks like when you checkout with PayPal you will be able to redeem MR Rewards. Perhaps this is an old program but I have never seen it before.

Now you can use Membership Rewards® points with PayPal​
We are reaching out to let you know that your American Express Membership Rewards® points can now be used at eligible stores for statement credits through our Pay with Rewards program. You'll get statement credits on your American Express Card for eligible purchases.
When you check out with PayPal, select your American Express Card ending in #### as a payment method. Any Membership Rewards® points that can be used at that store will show up automatically. You can choose whether to apply them towards the purchase.
PayPal and American Express terms and conditions apply.

Purchased something from Paypal this morning and saw it as an option - my MR balance was visible in Paypal just from having my Amex Plat existing as my preferred payment method.

Exchange rate is 0.5c per 1 MR.

Purchased something from Paypal this morning and saw it as an option - my MR balance was visible in Paypal just from having my Amex Plat existing as my preferred payment method.

Exchange rate is 0.5c per 1 MR.
I think I'll keep my Amex points for something with better value!

Sounds like it’s the same as the points for statement credit conversion rate. Why wouldn’t we just do that? Not limited to merchants who have PayPal as a payment option.

We can already redeem MR points at the same exchange rate against individual charges on our statements so don't need to spend with PayPal to take advantage of it or has this been removed now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back