Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

US Flight Vouchers

Jeremy Thorpe

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
As a result of COVID-19 related cancellations we have flight vouchers from American and United. Both require that the flight be in the US at some point (so no using them to book AA on QF in AU, etc). Also, both must be booked within a certain timeframe, but which are ridiculously narrow given the likelihood of borders being opening up, desirability of travelling to the US, etc.

Do you think we will be able to book flexible tickets for as far out as possible, and if need be cancel and rebook later? This would give more flexibility re timing, but not sure if that would work.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Generally in the airline industry the original booking must be refundable/flexible for a subsequent booking using any credit from the original to be refundable/flexible.

So, unless the bookings had those attributes from the start, no.

Last edited:

jackroomy1993

I was headed up to St. Johns NL for vacation on Air Canada. The connection from Halifax was overbooked and myself and another woman were bumped from the flight. The woman proceeded to have a lengthy conniption, screeching at the gate agent, the gate agent's manager, and the gate agent's manager's manager. She finally huffed off and sat down and started bitching at someone on her phone.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

Last edited:

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yen283