US Airways & Delta Merger?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Altair, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Altair

Altair Active Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Wellington
    I just saw this article about US Air's offer to Delta's creditors for a merger.
    BBC NEWS | Business | Delta 'cautious' over $8bn merger
    As US is still working through their merger with America West I wonder if they can actually pull it off.:?:
    I have flown all three carriers and like the "southern hospitality" feel of Delta, and I also respect how they helped a lot of Pan Am staff except at the end of Pan Am when there was no hope....(oh I have the fondest memories of Pan Am from when I was a little tike.:mrgreen: )
    Back to the topic, Delta does not seem too happy and regarding the mechanics of the merger I think that it may not be as easy as the American West and US merger.

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    HP & US merger still not completed yet - a big ask to add even bigger DL into the mix

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I guess if you merge US with Delta, you may end up with Dusta Airways :confused: .

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Or possibly DELTAUS, backwards SUATLED; perhaps USDELTA or backwards ATLEDSU.

Than again, SALUTED Air Lines! ;)

5. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I think based on the article if you merged Delta and US you get Delta and a purchase order for a lot of plane repainting ;)

6. Altair

Altair Active Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Wellington
    But they still have not finished painting the US and HP planes in the new livery. Oh I still think there are either two or three DL plane liveries flying around as well!:shock:

7. mainly tailfirst

Oct 10, 2006
    SJC
    My favorite is the Delta one with the lightlblue, darkblue and red. Every time I saw it, I kept thinking it was a russian flag (albeit up-side down) and they must be the new colours of aeroflot. :)

As for the merger, if the result is a US Airways with reciprocal agreements with QF, then I'm all for it!

mt

8. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I flew Delta across the US back in 1990 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I hope they are around for many years to come.

9. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Unlikely. QFF didn't get reciprocal benefits with HP America West when it merged with US, so why would they with DL Delta?

10. mainly tailfirst

Oct 10, 2006
    SJC
    If the result was a massive USAir with US flight numbers, then we'd be set. Though reading more about it, the result would look to be an enlarged Delta, so you're right, there would be no benefit there.

mt

11. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Again not necessarily. With the HP-US merger, the HP flight numbers will eventually not exist. However even with the US codes attached to HP operated flights, still no QFF benefits.