Upgrading to Platinum

Discussion in 'CitiBank Rewards Program' started by daYZman, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. daYZman

daYZman Junior Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Hi all,

We are currently holding 2 gold cards (1 primary + 1 supplementary). How likely would it be for Citibank to upgrade ours to Platinum and waive our annual fees for life if we tell them we're cancelling our account? We've been with them for nearly 10yrs already and have a perfect credit rating. We're quite disappointed at the lack of recognition of loyalty, i.e., freebies, Citibank has given us.

Thanks

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    My guess is about no chance. I had a platinum card and had been a CB customer for 14 years, but after they reduced my interest free days I canned the card. They only made some half hearted attempts at getting me to stay. Over the years the value of the platinum card has diminished, and I am not sure it offers anything worthwhile over the gold, but maybe there is something in there you want.

I have some vague recollection of getting some freebies over time, but nothing of consequence.