Upgrading to Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

daYZman

Hi all,

We are currently holding 2 gold cards (1 primary + 1 supplementary). How likely would it be for Citibank to upgrade ours to Platinum and waive our annual fees for life if we tell them we're cancelling our account? We've been with them for nearly 10yrs already and have a perfect credit rating. We're quite disappointed at the lack of recognition of loyalty, i.e., freebies, Citibank has given us.

Thanks

My guess is about no chance. I had a platinum card and had been a CB customer for 14 years, but after they reduced my interest free days I canned the card. They only made some half hearted attempts at getting me to stay. Over the years the value of the platinum card has diminished, and I am not sure it offers anything worthwhile over the gold, but maybe there is something in there you want.

I have some vague recollection of getting some freebies over time, but nothing of consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back