Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Upgrading to Platinum

Discussion in 'Commonwealth Bank Rewards' started by ramonksi, Nov 21, 2005.

1. ramonksi

ramonksi Newbie

Nov 21, 2005
    Hey guys

I have a standard CBA credit card with a heap of award points. If I upgrade to a platinum card can the points I currently have then be transferred to my frequent flyers on the 1:1 ratio? Has anyone done this? I've rung the bank and asked but they've given me two different stories.... typical huh.

Cheers
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. PaulZ

PaulZ Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Yes.

My brother was previously gold, he upgraded to Platinum and He transferred all the points earned (including those when he was gold) to Qantas at 1:1 and then cancelled the card and got an EZY Card for only $39 where he reward benefits are the same!! :D

Note: They wont charge you the platinum fee until your anniversary date arrives, which provides a loop hole. He joined remained Platinum for 5mths and then cancelled, before his anniversary, therefore having to pay no extra fees!!

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    AFAIK, and I believe it is in the terms and conditions, the Plat fee is charged on the second month after joining - regardless of you actual yearly anniversary date.

4. PaulZ

PaulZ Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Regardless of what it says in the Terms and Conditions, my brother held the platinum card for 6 months and then cancelled it. No increased or new platinum fee was charged during that time.

Perhaps the 'rule' isn't applied?

I know it wasn't in our case.

5. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Then I was jibbed! :shock:

6. ramonksi

ramonksi Newbie

Nov 21, 2005
    Excellent. Thanks a heap for the information guys.

7. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Downgrading question:

I have the CBA Platinum Visa card, and am considering downgrading to the Woolworths Ezy Mastercard due to the points capping being introduced on the Platinum card.

Does anyone know if you can simply "migrate" the card by filling in their migration form. Like usually if you change betwen Commonwealth bank cards, you can just fill in a migration form to change between cards, rather than having to apply with a new application.

However when I called the CBA, they told me that the Woolworths card is run seperately and thus it is not possible to migrate cards and that a new application needs to be completed.

Can anyone confirm this?

I am thinking I will try to send the migration form accross and see what happens.

8. Sheriff

Sheriff Member

May 22, 2005
    In the past I migrated from an Affinity Gold Mastercard to a Woolworths Ezy Mastercard without filling any forms.

On closure of the Woolworths Ezy Rewards program on 6 October the CBA migrated me from a Woolworths Ezy Mastercard to a Platinium Mastercard also without filling any forms.

On both occasions the existing credit limit was also transfered over to the new card.

Cheers
    Sheriff