Upgrading to Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramonksi

Hey guys

I have a standard CBA credit card with a heap of award points. If I upgrade to a platinum card can the points I currently have then be transferred to my frequent flyers on the 1:1 ratio? Has anyone done this? I've rung the bank and asked but they've given me two different stories.... typical huh.

Cheers

ramonksi said:
Hey guys

I have a standard CBA credit card with a heap of award points. If I upgrade to a platinum card can the points I currently have then be transferred to my frequent flyers on the 1:1 ratio? Has anyone done this? I've rung the bank and asked but they've given me two different stories.... typical huh.

Cheers

Yes.

My brother was previously gold, he upgraded to Platinum and He transferred all the points earned (including those when he was gold) to Qantas at 1:1 and then cancelled the card and got an EZY Card for only $39 where he reward benefits are the same!! :D

Note: They wont charge you the platinum fee until your anniversary date arrives, which provides a loop hole. He joined remained Platinum for 5mths and then cancelled, before his anniversary, therefore having to pay no extra fees!!

AFAIK, and I believe it is in the terms and conditions, the Plat fee is charged on the second month after joining - regardless of you actual yearly anniversary date.

Mal said:
AFAIK, and I believe it is in the terms and conditions, the Plat fee is charged on the second month after joining - regardless of you actual yearly anniversary date.

Regardless of what it says in the Terms and Conditions, my brother held the platinum card for 6 months and then cancelled it. No increased or new platinum fee was charged during that time.

Perhaps the 'rule' isn't applied?

I know it wasn't in our case.

Downgrading question:

I have the CBA Platinum Visa card, and am considering downgrading to the Woolworths Ezy Mastercard due to the points capping being introduced on the Platinum card.

Does anyone know if you can simply "migrate" the card by filling in their migration form. Like usually if you change betwen Commonwealth bank cards, you can just fill in a migration form to change between cards, rather than having to apply with a new application.

However when I called the CBA, they told me that the Woolworths card is run seperately and thus it is not possible to migrate cards and that a new application needs to be completed.

Can anyone confirm this?

I am thinking I will try to send the migration form accross and see what happens.

Does anyone know if you can simply "migrate" the card by filling in their migration form. Like usually if you change betwen Commonwealth bank cards, you can just fill in a migration form to change between cards, rather than having to apply with a new application.

However when I called the CBA, they told me that the Woolworths card is run seperately and thus it is not possible to migrate cards and that a new application needs to be completed.

Can anyone confirm this?

I am thinking I will try to send the migration form accross and see what happens.

In the past I migrated from an Affinity Gold Mastercard to a Woolworths Ezy Mastercard without filling any forms.

On closure of the Woolworths Ezy Rewards program on 6 October the CBA migrated me from a Woolworths Ezy Mastercard to a Platinium Mastercard also without filling any forms.

On both occasions the existing credit limit was also transfered over to the new card.

Cheers
Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back