Upgrade offer to Qantas Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0430

Regarding recent public upgrade offer from qantas discovery to qantas ultimate, I wonder if anyone who did not receive this invitation has applied and got points yet. I was thinking of applying this upgrade get get 40k qantas points, however, when I logged in the request upgrade page, there was not mention of upgrade offer of 40k points anymore. It only mentioned below T&C:
Appreciate if anyone shares their experiences pls, thanks.
Terms, Conditions and Privacy Agreement
Please read the information below before submitting your upgrade request.
By submitting this upgrade request, I:
Request that American Express issue me with The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card and agree to pay the annual Card fee of $450
Accept liability for all Card Charges in accordance with the Credit Card Agreement;
Acknowledge that, once this upgrade request is approved and processed, my existing Card Account balance and any Additional Cards will be transferred to my new Card Account. Any outstanding balances, including any installment plans, will be transferred to the new Card. Where applicable, promotional interest rates will be applied to balances transferred to your new Account on the same terms as your existing Card
Acknowledge that, the Qantas Ultimate Card has up to 44 interest free days and the purchase rate on purchases is 20.74% p.a. and
Authorise American Express to use my personal information in accordance with the American Express Card Member Privacy Statement
Please note that if you have an existing cash advance facility this will not be transferred to your new Account.

I assume this is the offer you're referring to - The American Express Qantas Ultimate Card®

The T&Cs on that page do refer to 40,000 bonus Qantas points for upgrading.

1. Bonus & Eligibility. Offer only available to existing American Express Card Members who apply online to upgrade to the American Express Qantas Ultimate Card by 30 November 2019, are approved, and spend $3,000 on their new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. 40,000 bonus Qantas Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Only select products are eligible to apply for an upgrade and we reserve the right to withdraw this offer if your account is not in good standing or we become aware of any adverse credit information.

I'd be careful. If you are eligible for an ultimate, you may be better off cancelling your existing card, waiting 18 months and then signing up to get 100 or 120k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back