Upcoming points earn cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netaddict

Noticed on the Woolworths Credit Card site the following for new cards:

Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases for the first $2,500 spent per statement period and earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent for the rest of that statement period until 31 March 2018.
From 1 April 2018, you will earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent at Woolworths, Big W, Caltex Woolworths co-branded fuel outlets, BWS, Dan Murphy’s and Cellarmasters and 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases, including your everyday shopping, travel, entertainment and bill payments – and everywhere Visa is accepted.
Qantas Credit Cards - Qantas Platinum Credit Card - Woolworths Cards
Had no correspondance from them yet but it looks like a change is on the way. If so the card will get cut from my wallet as that's a shocking earn rate for most of my spend.

Wow, way to turn a marginally competitive card (at best) into a completely uncompetitive credit card. What a shame, this card was really good 3-4 years ago.

Wow, way to turn a marginally competitive card (at best) into a completely uncompetitive credit card. What a shame, this card was really good 3-4 years ago.

Disappointing. It's been a steady erosion of benefits for this card.

I'll keep mine. It won't be used for purchases, but the discount from the "once a month 10% off shop" at Woolworths it offers (capped at $50 off each month) will - over a year - exceed the annual fee I pay. If that benefit is ever enhanced, I will terminate the card with extreme prejudice.

NC

I only got this card late '16 when they were offering 40000 QF points and no fee for the first year along with the 10% shop once per month (This really turns out to be 5% as it negates the ability to use a 5% off cash rewards gift voucher - but still 5% is 5%. I kept it for the 12 months only shopping that once a month and had the fee waived for the 2nd year when I was going to cancel the card.

Still only use the card once per month and come November I'll go to cancel unless the fee is waived.

Wow nasty!, My annual fee is due next month. I will only keep the card if they waive it.
This was a good card to start with.
Thanks for the pre information.

Wow nasty!, My annual fee is due next month. I will only keep the card if they waive it.

Does anyone have a good alternative card suggestion? Visa or Mastercard? I already have the Qantas Amex.

Does anyone have a good alternative card suggestion? Visa or Mastercard? I already have the Qantas Amex.

What features are you looking for in a replacement card? Low annual fee? High earn rate? Etc.

Thanks for the heads up, my annual fee is also due in March so it's quite a timely piece of information for me.

Think I'll go for the ANZ Black with no annual fee for the first year as my replacement.

I only got this card late '16 when they were offering 40000 QF points and no fee for the first year along with the 10% shop once per month (This really turns out to be 5% as it negates the ability to use a 5% off cash rewards gift voucher - but still 5% is 5%. I kept it for the 12 months only shopping that once a month and had the fee waived for the 2nd year when I was going to cancel the card.

The 5% negation is not my experience. If you swipe your WOW rewards card, but pay with WOW e-gift cards purcashed from Cash Rewards etc, you still get the 10% off.

Try it this weekend.

NC

I guess that'll be it for me. Funny because not so long ago I got one for Mrs Warks to replace the Visa card from our bank which was earning nothing. A good time to look around for something new with a sign-on bonus. I get inundated with Amex offers with huge points on offer but not much in MC/VISA world.

Qantas Credit Cards Australia | Qantas Money

1 point : $1 up to $10k per month then reverts to 0.5 points : $1

The above card is currently offering 75K Qantas bonus points until the 31st March. To qualify you must spend $3K in the first 90 days.

Are there any other Visa/Mastercards out there that offer the above (or similar) with a lower annual fee?

The Woolworths credit card is no longer worth hanging onto.

Clear your balance to ZERO then call them and tell them you are cancelling it. They probably will give you "12 months fee free" or maybe some points to stay on. Depends whether you have been using it a bit or not. These Companies need to get the message they can't treat us like "Wood-ducks"

I have used this card quite a lot so hopefully a bit of loyalty I did get my annual fee waived last year.

Very disappointed with this change. Its been a good card. I will keep and see if I can get another year fee free..... if not its a goner. I have also recently added to the Qantas Money card.

I am sure of one thing - you have to keep a very close watch on the benefits because they change far too regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back