Unable to change seat in Qantas website and app? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Unable to change seat in Qantas website and app?

smsam2

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else is facing this problem?

I have not been able to change my seat for my upcoming US flight for the past few weeks. Gold member and have always been able to select/change seat for QF flights on Qantas website and Qantas iOS app.

Called customer service and on two occasions they confirmed that it's a problem and reported to IT but did not give any indication when this would be fixed.
Their advice is to call customer service to change seat but it's a major hassle to get in contact with them.

Thanks
Sam

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Is your flight to/from New York?

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Very strange - do you have a yicket numbet? (Starts with 081- )

smsam2

Very strange indeed. Yea I have the ticket number. Ticket paid and everything.

Just wanna know if it’s just my account or other people is also facing this issue.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
All the standard questions... have you got a ticket, have you completed advance passenger information? Has there been a schedule change anywhere?

janelarm

I booked a MEL - SYD business class on QF1340 which is an unusual flight number. Get the error:
Individual seat selection isn't available for this flight. Select a seat preference aisle or window so may be a system issue???

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
I booked a MEL - SYD business class on QF1340 which is an unusual flight number. Get the error:
Individual seat selection isn't available for this flight. Select a seat preference aisle or window so may be a system issue???
This means the allocation of seats avaialble for pre-selection has been exhausted.

On each aircraft certain rows are blocked depending on your status in the airline's FF program. You still have a seat on the plane, just the seat you'll be given is currently in one of the 'blocked' rows.

Austman

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Just wondering if anyone else is facing this problem?
I had the same problem with a business class booking once business class had sold out. I noted that a dummy booking for the flight couldn't book a business class seat. And that seat selection or even a seat map became unavailable.

Perhaps it can be the same in all classes?

blackcat20

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
We've got the same for next week's F booking but expert flyer shows only two vacant seats which I assume is the reason.

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
First, no it’s not an unusual flight number. There are plenty of mainline QF domestic flights in the 1000s.

If you don’t have gold or above status, all but the last row is blocked on a 737.

You could try getting a seat allocated over the phone.

AFF on Air Podcast

• HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fleckso