Trouble checking Award flights

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by willymaykett, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. willymaykett

willymaykett Intern

Aug 29, 2007
    Hi everyone,

I am starting to plan and check availability to some flights from Syd to LA for Qantas FF. When I do the search, a heap of flights show up, but when I select any of them, and try and add it to my intinery, a message shows up saying:

The selected flight could not be added to your itinerary because:
    1 The requested seats are no longer available. Please make another selection.

Is this right? I thought if there was no seats, then the flight doesn't show up for selection. Every dat I select shows this message. I am looking nearly a full 12 moths ahead!

Anyone else having the problem, or does it really mean there is no seats?

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Checking Sept 1st, no problem for J class QF43, QF24 (SYD-AKL-LAX) or QF11 in WHY:

"1 seat is reserved, and will be confirmed at the completion of this booking, for the following flights:"

3. willymaykett

willymaykett Intern

Aug 29, 2007
    Thanks Serfty

I tried again after your post, and it did work for me as well.

There must have been a "gremlin" in the system :D

thanks

I was getting a bit worried that the flights had closed up and all my plans were going up in smoke...

Thanks again