TravelPass with DSC offer

Horatio

Thanks to those who have posted their experiences with getting a travel pass. I rang QFF last week to try and get one for a mid-October NZ trip we had booked. After checking eligibility, the super helpful operator said that was no problem and that DSCs was one of my three options.

We had previously planned another NZ trip for the middle of this month, which was of course cancelled by Qantas given current circumstances. That had automatically been made into a voucher, but she said she could convert this to a travel pass, also with DSCs. So that has given us almost $6,000 in the two passes, all with DSCs.

The process was painless. Waited a minute or so on hold, then the travel passes took perhaps 10 minutes out of a longer phone call working out the history behind a couple of other vouchers. I apologised for how much time I was chewing up, but was told the lines were really quiet.

The confirmation emails arrived while we were still talking, and the passes in less than 2 business days. Overall, a pretty good outcome.

Horatio

Redgie

Award booking - 4 weeks - testing to see if Points Club members get DSC when paying taxes
Normal booking - last week

Yes, I know it can take a while to post... but the wait is killing me!
@aus_flyer did you ever receive the DSC on your award booking? Certainly considering testing this out soon! Would love to hear if it came through.

aus_flyer

Established Member
@aus_flyer did you ever receive the DSC on your award booking? Certainly considering testing this out soon! Would love to hear if it came through.
Required a lot of chasing. Answer is yes. But not sure I'll bother trying again. Will just wait for a normal DSC promotion.

Mqrko

Intern
Has anybody used their DSC TravelPass and pay the remaining balance with another TravelPass with +10% credit?

Has anyone used one of these lately? How long did DSC take?
Hi.

I used a DSC voucher back in late May this year (I am in Sydney so haven't been able to fly anywhere since due to lockdown 😖).

The 2x SCs did not automatically come through by 12 weeks after the flight, so I had to call QFF and ask for them to manually intervene.
They said that sometimes the system misses doing the SCs and it took another 2-3 weeks for the additional SCs to come through.

Hope this helps.

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..