Travel Insurance

Discussion in 'Travel Insurance' started by Nick, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Nick

Nick Junior Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Does anyone know of any travel insurance companies who are more likely to provide some cover for a pre-existing medical condition?

My cousin is planning a trip to the USA, but has Type 1 Diabetes and has had various complications as a result, which makes getting travel insurance that little bit harder. This is her first trip overseas, but as they say, if you can't afford to get travel insurance, you can't afford to travel.

Any experiences/comments would be appreciated.

2. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Nick,

There is a wealth of information re Travel Insurance within this same forum. In the early pages of that discussion (posts #3 & 22) there is a list of companies. If it were me I'd probably contact each of the companies and let them look at your specific situation as I'm sure it would vary with each individual case. Beyond that it's a little hard to be exacting with comments.

Good luck.