Travel Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richarde

Having recently transferred from an AMX Charge Card (Green ) after 27 years to a AMX QANTAS Premium charge card can anyone advise how good (or bad) are experiences with the travel insurance that comes with the $249 annual premium?

Is this cover sufficient for the occasional traveller or should I look for additional cover?

I believe the cover is adequate for those who can partially self insure. I had a claim though AMEX's underwriter last year where I received $200 compensation for ~$350 expenses incurred due to LGA airport being closed.

My previous annual policy would have covered the lot.

I suggest you carefully read and understand the PDS for the insurance along with the coverage limts. Pay special attention to event limits and annual limits.

Understand, then you can make your own informed judgment.

oh, and By the way ... Welcome to AFF :D

Serfty,

I have read the supplied terms and conditions carefully and was looking for some feed back re actual practical experiences.

Thanks for the prompt response and the welcome..........

Regards

I've been relying on the Qantas Amex Premium card travel insurance for a couple of years now for trips to Asia. Two or three trips per year. Duration of 1 - 3 weeks.

I've never had to make a claim so can provide no info in that area. I'm not too bothered about $100 here or there for delays/ lost luggage or a few hundred $ if my camera is stolen. I'm happy to self insure for that.

I regard it as "disaster" insurance against the things I couldn't possibly afford (Medivac etc) for which it provides $2,500,000.00 cover.

serfty, what was the reason for the whole amount not being covered?
I could dig up the letter, but the to paraphrase from memory, it stated the limit for the event was $200.

I had claimed Taxi x 2 as well as accommodation and meals (for 2).

This was credited to the Amex card account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back