Travel Agent?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by meirwood, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. meirwood

meirwood Newbie

Aug 6, 2005
    Hi, I'm new.....

My husband and I would like to visit Hong Kong in the next few weeks, but we'd like to fly business class since it's a 9 hour flight from Sydney. We're having trouble finding a good fare - can someone please suggest a good travel agent?

Thanks.

2. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Can't help you with a Sydney based TA, but www.zuji.com.au gives a good guide as to the sort of fares to expect. If you find a good TA, probably can get a few extra % of these perhaps.

Looks like Malaysian is best priced reputable J class you can get (for around $3K) if you're willing to go via Kuala Lumpur. (will be longer than 9 hrs though!). For direct flights you're looking at around $5K. If you are constrained by cost, Virgin Atlantic offer Premium Economy on this sector as well.

3. icarus

icarus Member

Feb 15, 2005
    CBR
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Incidentally, if you are a CBA Platinum mastercard holder, you can get a free business class companion fare on JAL for each business class fare purchased to Hong Kong or Japan. The annual fee is $250, which would be well worth it. I travelled business class with JAL a few years ago and it was pretty good. The CBA website will give you the details; search for "platinum".

4. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Last time I looked it was not really a very special deal. The purchased ticket was quite expensive so the average was just "average" :!: