TransferWise Borderless Account | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

TransferWise Borderless Account

cgichard

Has anyone managed to get a Transferwise debit card yet?
Does it require SMS access?

I'm now locked out of my Qantas Cash/Travel Money account because I have no mobile phone so no ability to receive SMS. (I do know the approx. balance I'm holding in Euros and plan to use that up for purchases when next overseas, but will then need an alternative debit card that I can load in Euros.)

daft009

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map

I'm now locked out of my Qantas Cash/Travel Money account because I have no mobile phone so no ability to receive SMS. (I do know the approx. balance I'm holding in Euros and plan to use that up for purchases when next overseas, but will then need an alternative debit card that I can load in Euros.)
Citibank and HSBC both have a couple of options

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map

No it still says not available in your location when I'm in Australia - even though I'm in the UK with no VPN - it says We're sorry cards have reached Australia yet

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Does anyone have much experience with the Borderless account. If I put some US $ into an account can I then transfer them to my AU$ account just with a click of a button.

albatross710

Established Member
Does anyone have much experience with the Borderless account. If I put some US $ into an account can I then transfer them to my AU$ account just with a click of a button.
That is exactly how it happens. You can then view those balances on the desktop page or on the phone app.

If anyone wants to join Transferwise as a new customer there is now a referral link thread Join Transferwise and get a free international transfer

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I've had one for a while now and I love it - just used it in South America as a debit card and all went well

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map

Yes , I did get my account in Dec 2019 however I only use my border less account to transfer money to US.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone have much experience with the Borderless account.
I have been using the borderless account to transfer money to my family's account in USA and it does work well , quite easy. If you have all the details handy , it's easy to receive money as well.

cgichard

Well now, I can't do that eitheras I don't have a mobile phone or wi fi account. However, I assume all transactions can be done on their website.

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Well now, I can't do that eitheras I don't have a mobile phone or wi fi account. However, I assume all transactions can be done on their website.
when I login to transferwise account online , it is asking me to confirm the access from the app on my phone. So I guess we need any device with transferwise already installed.

• Agree
Reactions: VPS

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrengineer