Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Transferring from SPG account

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrForgetful

Intern
Hi all,

I've previously transferred miles from my SPG account into my Krisflyer and it's only taken a few days to complete.

I transferred another 25000 over on the 17th and still not received them. Is this normal? I have a heap expiring end of this month and wanted to book a pair of J awards LAX-BNE... running out of time!

I called Krisflyer helpdesk and they can't see anything and said to wait another 2 days then call back to 'see what they can do'.

I'm worried I'm going to waste my points if I can't get them in time...

burmans

Hi all,

I've previously transferred miles from my SPG account into my Krisflyer and it's only taken a few days to complete.

I transferred another 25000 over on the 17th and still not received them. Is this normal? I have a heap expiring end of this month and wanted to book a pair of J awards LAX-BNE... running out of time!

I called Krisflyer helpdesk and they can't see anything and said to wait another 2 days then call back to 'see what they can do'.

I'm worried I'm going to waste my points if I can't get them in time...

SPG are the ones doing the transfer, why not call them?

MrForgetful

Intern
Good point... I've tried communicating with SPG before, so not looking forward to talking to them!

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

MrForgetful

Intern
Alright... well apparently it takes up to 30 days for a transfer to happen. Even though the last two times I did it, it only took a few days.

They can't rush the transfer as I'm not a US resident, transferring to a US airline.

So angry right now!

MrForgetful

Intern
Sorry for the spam... Crisis (slightly) averted.

Krisflyer help desk suggested I book one ticket LAX-BNE now, use up the expiring miles, then book my wife's ticket when the SPG points arrive. Obviously, there's a chance that availability isn't the same from when I book the first ticket. But she said that we can change the date of the ticket at no cost? I didn't think you could do that with award savers, but I guess we learn something everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawter2020