Transfer to VS - 25% bonus miles. Ends 30 November 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.

It is a great deal. Effectively 32,000 MR points for a one-way business class award to HKG.

What to do? Can MH or CX come close SYD-BKK in business?

Do they ever do these promos for Qantas?

What is the difference between the Virgin Atlantic club and Velocity?

You can tell I don't know much about Velocity, I have been a member since 2006 and have earned a grand total of 5714 points!!

Pity you cannot transfer soon-to-expire points from SQ Krisflyer. :(

Good strategy.

Am I missing something here? Surely it would cost 40,000 Membership Reward points to buy 20,000 SPG points which would then convert to 25,000 Krisflyer points. 40,000 MR points directly converted from Membership Rewards to SQ would give you 40,000 Krisflyer points...

Am I missing something here? Surely it would cost 40,000 Membership Reward points to buy 20,000 SPG points which would then convert to 25,000 Krisflyer points. 40,000 MR points directly converted from Membership Rewards to SQ would give you 40,000 Krisflyer points...

The operational word is BUY, not exchange points.

Got it thanks. Buy from SPG, not convert from MR.

thats it, SPG give you a 5k bonus when you transfer to an airline so it can be good for topping up accounts that normally have points purchase limitations or small balances that need a hand to become bookable for a flight.

thats it, SPG give you a 5k bonus when you transfer to an airline so it can be good for topping up accounts that normally have points purchase limitations or small balances that need a hand to become bookable for a flight.

Thanks all for clarification. That is indeed an excellent strategy for topping up SQ KF points. I will be implementing today to effectively buy 25,000 KF points for $525.

Can this be repeated or only done once?

Thanks all for clarification. That is indeed an excellent strategy for topping up SQ KF points. I will be implementing today to effectively buy 25,000 KF points for $525.

Can this be repeated or only done once?

There is a limit of one 20k purchase per account per annum, no limit on accounts you can hold although I would suggest different email addresses and perhaps physical addresses should a real need exist for an additional account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back