Tool for finding the taxes in your booking

Discussion in 'Websites, Software & Hardware' started by serfty, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #1 serfty, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
    I saw this LAN utility link posted on FT by Mwenenzi. It can come up in Spanish or English depending on your cookie settings for LAN.com.

Print Your e-ticket (sic)

You do this by:
    • Either:
      • Plugging your Amadeus booking reference in under "Búsqueda por código de reserva" (Search by booking code), or
      • Entering your Ticket number under "Búsqueda por número de ticket" (Search by ticket number), and
    • Typing your Surname under "Apellido del pasajero" (Passenger last name) and
    • Clicking on the "Buscar" (Search) button for the lookup you are doing.
    • Information on your booking including a complete breakdown of taxes should appear.
    Note:
    1. The ticket number lookup works for AA tickets.:D
    2. If there are more than one passenger in the booking you get to select an individual ticket number before the information is displayed

2. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    This is good.

Note also that you can change to an English version by clicking on Chile next to version at the bottom of the page and selecting Australia / New Zealand

3. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have also just checked a QF booking for this weekend and it lists 7 different taxes.

YQ 25.63 AUD
    QR 3.17 AUD
    QR 3.46 AUD
    WG 3.00 AUD
    UO 29.55 AUD
    UO 0.40 AUD
    YR 4.00 AUD

Anyone know what the tax codes are?

It is also displaying business in the cabin field, but this is only a Y fare :confused: or should that be :D

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  5. Mwenenzi

Mwenenzi Established Member

May 17, 2006
    MEL
    The full list (without costs) is available at the IATA site. The $ on the QF site are not up to date

6. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I used this on my current DONE4 for a quick test (concerned about the additional taxes as a result of my complex routings) and the total taxes were only about A$90...