Time for points to post | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Time for points to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravoecho1

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
221
My wife and I were on DJ on Fri morning OOL-SYD and Sat afternoon SYD-OOL and logged into our accounts today to notice that the points have not posted.

I checked our booking confirmations and both had our Velocity numbers on them. Just in case I have lodged a point claim.

Has anyone else had the experience of points taking a while to post?
 

ksthommo

Active Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
690
bravoecho1,

The points usually take a few days to post, as your Velocity No's
were on your boarding passes, I wouldn't be worried.

Checked my account for 2 flights I took in July, 1 flight took 3 days and
the other 1 day to post.
 

Commuter

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
793
It does take a few days to post. If you're used to QF's points posting efficiency, it worries you a bit, but it's nothing to worry about. DJ is a little slow :D
 

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
1,136
Flights
My Map
Commuter said:
DJ is a little slow :D
In more ways than one...

Thu, Dec 22
Flights: QANTAS AIRWAYS, QF 0571
From: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (SYD) Departs: 5:50pm
Departure Terminal: TERMINAL 3 DOMESTIC
To: PERTH, AUSTRALIA (PER) Arrives: 7:40pm
Arrival Terminal: TERMINAL 2 QANTAS
Class: Economy Seat: Check-In Required
Status: Confirmed Confirmation: XXXXXX
Meal: Dinner Smoking: No
Aircraft: BOEING 737 JET Mileage: 2024
Flight Time: 4 hours and 50 minutes

Fri, Sep 1
Flights: VIRGIN BLUE AIRLINES PTY, DJ 0431
From: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (SYD) Departs: 1:10pm
Departure Terminal: TERMINAL 2 DOMESTIC
To: PERTH, AUSTRALIA (PER) Arrives: 4:30pm
Arrival Terminal: TERMINAL 3 DOMESTIC
Class: Economy Seat(s): Check-In Required
Meal: Smoking: No
Aircraft: BOEING 737-700 JET Mileage: 2024
Flight Time: 5 hour(s) and 20 minute(s)

Our theory is they are going slower to save fuel. :mrgreen:
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,792
Flights
My Map
StevePER said:
Our theory is they are going slower to save fuel. :mrgreen:
At one point they had to route more northerly due to not having the required ETOPS certification to fly over the bight. That certainly added to the scheduled flight time. I wonder if they have just not adjusted the scheduled flight time since remdying the ETOPS situation, and hence have a better shot at ensuring an on-time arrival :rolleyes:.
 

jakeseven7

Active Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
606
NM said:
At one point they had to route more northerly due to not having the required ETOPS certification to fly over the bight. That certainly added to the scheduled flight time. I wonder if they have just not adjusted the scheduled flight time since remdying the ETOPS situation, and hence have a better shot at ensuring an on-time arrival :rolleyes:.

That would have to be the answer right!... Would be interesting to check though.

I have though, been on the QF A330 service Per-Syd or Mel I think and we caught up and passed the poor old DJ 737 service which had left before us... our pilot and f/o took great delight in announcing it to the passengers and everyone had a good laugh.

But that is a slightly unfair comparison! Bigger = better in that case
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,792
Flights
My Map
jakeseven7 said:
That would have to be the answer right!... Would be interesting to check though.

I have though, been on the QF A330 service Per-Syd or Mel I think and we caught up and passed the poor old DJ 737 service which had left before us... our pilot and f/o took great delight in announcing it to the passengers and everyone had a good laugh.

But that is a slightly unfair comparison! Bigger = better in that case
Cruise speed of 737NG is around 0.785 mach, while for A330 its 0.82 mach.
 

jakeseven7

Active Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
606
NM said:
Cruise speed of 737NG is around 0.785 mach, while for A330 its 0.82 mach.
While you are at it what is the speed of the 747 bird QF use on the route then? (Sorry O/T)
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,792
Flights
My Map
jakeseven7 said:
While you are at it what is the speed of the 747 bird QF use on the route then? (Sorry O/T)
According to Boeing, its 0.855 mach. But as always, its up to the operator to determine what LRC (Long Range Cruise) they will target for particular aircraft type and may even vary by route.
 

Commuter

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
793
Besides, the ground speed gets affected by the flight level they're flying at, even if they are heading in the same direction, because of the varying wind. So, if you are at FL370 (for instance) and get 70kt tail wind, you're doing much better than a guy at FL340 who gets a 10 kt tail wind. It does happen, and you can't always get the FL you ask for either.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,222
Messages
1,872,384
Members
49,052
Latest member
charles182
Top