Tiger Airways: Enjoy 50% off fares

Discussion in 'Cheap International Airfares' started by serfty, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Enjoy 50% off fares

[​IMG]

Come November, you can fly on a shoestring and indulge like a king - or a queen. With 50% off fares to some of the most popular destinations across Asia Pacific, we help you save more on flights so you can have more to splurge on your holidays. So, book now on Welcome to Tiger Airways and make the most of our real deals.

Online Booking

Departures from these Ports:
    Bangkok Intl
    Chiang Mai
    Darwin
    Guangzhou
    Ho Chi Minh City
    Krabi (Phi Phi)
    Padang
    Singapore
    Udon Thani

* Buy between 16 JUL 07 and 22 JUL 07. Fly from 1 NOV 07 to 30 NOV 07. Conditions apply.

2. futaris

futaris Established Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Brisbane
    November only, huh? Shame it's only for the Singaporean part of Tiger...

3. futaris

futaris Established Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Brisbane
    [​IMG]
    From SG$120 + taxes for SIN - MEL, too...

4. d15.in.oz

d15.in.oz Member

Nov 28, 2006
    #4 d15.in.oz, Jul 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
    Fascinating stuff from TR, (well for this Aussie, with limited European LCC experience, anyway), 50% off all pricing steps...so even as they sell out of lower pricing levels, and price availability jumps up a step, it's still 50% off that price. [+++ of course on TR]

I also wonder what impact the strategy of not trying to upsell based on “fare conditions” will have in Australia, on those who have traditionally purchased "flexible tickets" etc.?

i.e. As we all know - the domestic incumbents expect passengers who want a “flexible ticket”, to pay more up front, if they think they might need to change, to make changing easier/feeless… Whereas at TT you can only buy one type of ticket, and can only pay the extra (as the price will have probably risen) if/when you need to change. They only charge $10 and any fare difference to change, unlike what JQ, QF & DJ charge on their lower fares.

5. ANDREW

ANDREW Junior Member

Oct 21, 2006
    chc - nz
    I see Mel - Singapore via Tiger just gone from $184 + taxes to $545. + taxes, seems prompt movement...:?:

6. moa999

moa999 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2003
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Tiger has very regular 50% off/ 40% off/ national holiday specials / credit card tie-ins from its Singapore base

7. stryker

stryker Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Tiger has become very aggressive :rolleyes: in relation to its "taxes" pricing.

It now offers low "fares", but when the "taxes" are added, the sum-total is rather frightening.

I no longer use TR as they have become too expensive for what they provide. And that TR Budget Terminal in SIN just sucks.

Air Asia is now my preferred arline in that part of the world. They may have a reliability problem, but the fares just can't be beat. I have just purchased BKK-HKT-BKK for AUD 67 round trip, incl taxes. Pretty good really IMHO.

TR wanted more than this one-way HKT-SIN...

8. ANDREW

ANDREW Junior Member

Oct 21, 2006
    chc - nz
    #8 ANDREW, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
    HI Thanx for that - will keep an eye out on Asia Air, for trips in Asia, but want to get to Singapore via Australia, so willl continue to keep an eye on Tiger for a bit.

Ah! Just found where Air Asia will be possibly working out of Gold Coast and Avalon, so that muddies the water a bit.

9. ethernet

ethernet Active Member

Aug 10, 2006
    Tiger makes some extra by charging for extra baggage (only 15kgs) and $sg25 for a seat pick A320-200 ,180 seats (per leg). Then their clever web site stiffs you on credit card payments at a lousy exchange rate after detecting the issuing country(another 3.5%) - surely lousy (1.5% would be fairish). I do not know if their 2 hour check in time used used to unreasonably/unconsciously bludegeon/cheat tardy, but not late pax like bog*.

Given the holding back of real discounted seats, some sales must surely come up soon. The days of the incumberants charging 90% or return for a one way ticket must be in jeporady.