'Tier Retain Bonus Status Credits'?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by newflyer, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. newflyer

newflyer Intern

Sep 19, 2005
    The 'Berra (ACT)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi all,

Just wasting some time on Qantas site, and came across the following in my online FF activity statment:
    'Tier Retain Bonus Status Credits - 25 [status credits added to my account]'

Anyone know what this means, or why I've rec'd them?

As background info, I'm FF Gold, have earned 475 SCs since 1 October last year and status reassessment occurs on 30 September 2007 (meaning I need another 125 SCs to retain Gold).

Cheers and thanks in advance!

NF

2. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Just a little gift from QF to help you retain SG status.

Reports are that QF are being less lenient with status requalification than they have in the past, so this is to help numb the potential pain.

3. DTM1

DTM1 Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    or perhaps to encourage you to book travel with QF for the remaining 100 SCs ?

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Some people have reported getting a promotion of 25 SC for their next flight where they have looked like falling short of requalifying. Perhaps you were one of those that had got this?

5. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    I could use that to make platinum ! pity we cant family transfer SC's....
    E

6. newflyer

newflyer Intern

Sep 19, 2005
    The 'Berra (ACT)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Perhaps, but if QF based my future business on past flying patterns (ie, 3-4 flights per month) they'd know that I probably won't have an issue requalifying...

Still, it's nice to know that my 47.5 flights between CBR and MEL over the past few months have been duly recognised!

7. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #7 Shano, Jul 4, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
    Unfortunately QF's generosity only extends to requalification, not qualification to the next level of status.

Yes, family transfer of SC's would be very handy. I currently get all of Mrs Shano's points (she is only NB), why not all of her SC's as well ;)

8. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Uugh, I don't think anything could be due recognition for that many flights on that particular route. ;)