Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

This is your life

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by aus_flyer, Dec 1, 2005.

1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I hope everyone had the chance to see tonight's episode of "This is your life" on Nine.

Happy 85th birthday QF

But old mate Geoff was nowhere to be seen...
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    caught the last 10 minutes of it. the old footage was great. that old englishman in the tv commercial was pretty funny ...

3. matthecat

matthecat Junior Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Perth
    I can't understand how Channel 9 can get away with screening a commercial for Qantas for 1 hour - I thought they had to show some TV shows occassionally!

4. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Was great for a nostalgic look at how QF has grown over the period. Nancy Bird-Walton gave a bit of a spray at the beginning and Mike Munro couldn't interrupt her before she'd given the "pro-Australian" push about jobs etc.

Wasn't as in depth as I thought it would be, but nice to while away an hour.

At least they didn't showcase Geoff Dixon. The staff who modelled the QF-livery through the ages probably would have wanted to have taken him backstage and tortured him...

5. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    And did you notice they missed about two decades? They jumped from the 70s to the horrid Morrisey outfits they have now - which look like the hosties have put a curtain over their heads and wrapped a belt around themselves.