The Winners' Podium | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

The Winners' Podium

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,652
Flights
My Map
-2005-
AFF's 10,000th post - No Bets (posted 26 Sep, 2005)
Lindsay Wilson's 1,000th post - danielh (posted 24 Oct, 2005)

-2006-
JohnK's 1000th post - NM (posted 23 Jan, 2006)
Kiwi Flyer's 1,000th post - oz_Mark (posted 1 Feb, 2006)
AFF's 20,000th post - infoworks (posted 5 Feb, 2006)
NM's 2,000th post - Kiwi Flyer (posted 3 Mar, 2006)
Serfty's 1,000th post - oz_mark (posted 17 Mar, 2006)
oz_mark's 1,000th post - Yada Yada (posted 17 Mar, 2006)
AFF's 25,000th post - JohnK (posted 20 Mar, 2006)
straitman's 1,000th post - JohnK (posted 30 April, 2006)
AFF's 30,000th post - JohnK (posted 18 May, 2006)
Yada Yada's 1,000th post - JohnK (posted 22 June, 2006)
Mal's 1,000th post - JohnK (posted 22 June, 2006)
NM's 3,000th post - JohnK (posted 26 June, 2006)
AFF's 35,000th post - serfty (posted 10 July, 2006)
AFF's 1,500th member - oz_mark (joined 2 August, 2006)
JohnK's 3000th post - oz_mark (posted 4 August 2006)
Lindsay Wilson's 2000th post - Yada Yada (posted 15th August 2006)
AFF's 40,000th post - serfty (posted 6th September 2006)
AFF's 2,000th member - JohnK (joined 11 September, 2006)
serfty's 2,000th post - oz_mark (posted 9 October 2006)
The totally off topic threads' 40,000th view - Robert Barlow (viewed 10 November, 2006)
oz_mark's 2,000th post - straitman (posted 14 November 2006)
AFF's 50,000th post - tanewi (posted 30 November 2006)

-2007-
NM's 5,000th post - JohnK (posted 13 February 2007)
AFF's 60,000th post - Shano (posted 6 March 2007)
AFF's 70,000th post - Lindsay Wilson (posted 23 May 2007)
AFF's 80,000th post - Evan (posted 18 August 2007)
AFF's 90,000th post - QF009 (posted 14 November 2007)

-2008-
AFF's 100,000th post - Bundy Bear (posted 30 January 2008)
AFF's 110,000th post - Mwenenzi (posted 16 April 2008)
AFF's 120,000th post - futaris (posted 2 July 2008)
AFF's 130,000th post - Hvr (posted 6 September 2008)
AFF's 140,000th post - oz_mark (posted 20 October 2008)

-2009-
AFF's 200,000th post - Mwenenzi (posted 24 August 2008)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,109
0 for 7 I didn't need reminding! :roll:

oz_mark with 2 winning predictions leads the pack! And a mystery prize! Crystal ball is on the ball.
 
M

MetroAir

Now JohnK you are trying to steal the mantle of perfect record of never backing a winner from me!

I will not let you play with my bucket and spade if you continue, and you can tell on me all you like! 8)
 

straitman

Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
16,807
Flights
My Map
I didn't actually pick any winners BUT I got some prizes :!:

So Nah nah nah nah! yourself :wink: :roll: :cry: :p
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,109
oz_mark said:
AFF's 25,000th post - JohnK (posted 20 Mar, 2006) subject to steward's inquiry
Protest dismissed! Correct weight!

MetroAir said:
Now JohnK you are trying to steal the mantle of perfect record of never backing a winner from me!

I will not let you play with my bucket and spade if you continue, and you can tell on me all you like! 8)
I am a winner now! Don't want to play with losers anymore. :p

straitman said:
I didn't actually pick any winners BUT I got some prizes :!:

So Nah nah nah nah! yourself :wink: :roll: :cry: :p
Same goes for you. :p
 

straitman

Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
16,807
Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
Podium updated. and....

JohnK said:
I am a winner now! Don't want to play with losers anymore. :p
...much to my dismay JohnK wins twice in a row
SORRY, maybe I should have checked the guesses :!: :oops: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :wink:
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,109
straitman said:
oz_mark said:
Podium updated. and....

JohnK said:
I am a winner now! Don't want to play with losers anymore. :p
...much to my dismay JohnK wins twice in a row
SORRY, maybe I should have checked the guesses
And that would be manipulating the result which we never do here on AFF. :oops:
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,652
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
And that would be manipulating the result which we never do here on AFF. :oops:

No, there has never been any evidence of manipulation :shock:
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,652
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Sorry oz_mark but it is now 5 wins in row. :mrgreen:
I'd like to know how much you are paying all these people to adjust their posting rates to allow this to happen?
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,109
oz_mark said:
I'd like to know how much you are paying all these people to adjust their posting rates to allow this to happen?
I am just a superior intellectual human being able to accurately predict people's posting patterns. :shock: Just about have then next one sown up as well. :mrgreen:

In the OP my dumb links to their 1,000th post does not appear to be working.:confused: What have I done wrong?
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,277
Flights
My Map

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,109
serfty said:
You have done nothing wrong JohnK,...

... it's just that the old bulletin board used a different format to link to a page on the forum:
I was referring to the latest 2 entries that NM kindly inserted for Yada Yada's and mal's 1,000 posts. These are supposed to be single post views but come up with "page not found" error. When I tested them they worked OK but now do not. Any clues?
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,652
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
I was referring to the latest 2 entries that NM kindly inserted for Yada Yada's and mal's 1,000 posts. These are supposed to be single post views but come up with "page not found" error. When I tested them they worked OK but now do not. Any clues?
It is because the URL's resolve without the /community/ part. If you look at the HTML source you will see that the URL has /community/../blah, the .. bit shouldn't be there.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,796
Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
It is because the URL's resolve without the /community/ part. If you look at the HTML source you will see that the URL has /community/../blah, the .. bit shouldn't be there.
Thanks oz_mark. I have edited again with the added "community" in the URL. Seems to work now.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,109
oz_mark said:
JohnK said:
Sorry oz_mark but it is now 5 wins in row. :mrgreen:
I'd like to know how much you are paying all these people to adjust their posting rates to allow this to happen?
I'd hate to spoil the party but it is now 6 wins in a row. :mrgreen:

I don't know why I continue to put on guessing contests where not many guesses are submitted. :-|
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,109
AFF's 35,000 post thread...sadly without a prize!! has been decided and the winner is serfty breaking a sequence of 6 in a row winning predictions set by JohnK.

The 35,000th post was only 81 minutes after after serfty's predicted date and time. I would a guess that this a new record on AFF for having the closest prediction.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,291
Messages
1,875,075
Members
49,181
Latest member
jennyc5608
Top