Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

The Qantas Big Trip Sale - Fly to London and stopover in New York on the way home

Status
Not open for further replies.

papermate92

I saw this sale and was very intrigued.

My first thought was - Qantas flying transatlantic, that's huge news!
Second and more likely was that Qantas has a codeshare agreement with BA or AA LHR-JFK, still pretty exciting.

But to my surprise, neither are reality.

Qantas is encouraging a Melbourne - Dubai - London Heathrow - New York (JFK) (stopover) - Melbourne journey but not offering a QF flight number on the whole journey.

Just to clarify with everyone on this forum, as a result of the forthcoming enhancements, will I be "punished" for making the LHR-JFK journey vs a return via DXB?

Isochronous

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Re: The Qantas Big Trip Sale - Fly to London and stopover in New York on the way hom

I saw this sale and was very intrigued.

My first thought was - Qantas flying transatlantic, that's huge news!
Second and more likely was that Qantas has a codeshare agreement with BA or AA LHR-JFK, still pretty exciting.

But to my surprise, neither are reality.

Qantas is encouraging a Melbourne - Dubai - London Heathrow - New York (JFK) (stopover) - Melbourne journey but not offering a QF flight number on the whole journey.

Just to clarify with everyone on this forum, as a result of the forthcoming enhancements, will I be "punished" for making the LHR-JFK journey vs a return via DXB?
The punitive SC thresholds don't apply to Europe-Nth America flights.

Does QF really not codeshare with anyone on LHR-JFK? If not, an AA flight number will be better than a BA flight number.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

QPProletarian

Re: The Qantas Big Trip Sale - Fly to London and stopover in New York on the way hom

Pretty good to promote this kind of ticket.

OT - Always wondered whether HNL could've made a good hub to concentrate both NA and EU traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAC767

Currently Active Users