The Best Part of Flying? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

The Best Part of Flying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
I enjoy the take off as my journey begins though there are some anxious moments until the flight reaches higher altitude.

What's your best part?

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I enjoy the take off as my journey begins though there are some anxious moments until the flight reaches higher altitude.

What's your best part?
I agree that the take off is the best part. So much promise for a journey about to begin, or the final stage of a journey soon to conclude.

Captain Halliday

Established Member
Can you only have one thing? Isn't it the whole experience? Not being a slave to the mobile phone and emeil for a few hours is bliss. But I enjoy TO also, perhaps its that fleeting moment of risk between rotate and V2. I guess it's a good thing you can't hear it called by the flight crew.

joyvee

A successful take off and landing is what I appreciate the most about flying.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Atleastonce

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Take off and the sensation of acceleration and velocity because of other visual objects as a reference.

Denali

Departing on time and arriving safely and finding our bags on arrival. Im one of those that is waiting for the Stargate to be released for commercial use as I don't really enjoy flying.

Major

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The best part is when the number of safe landings equals the number of takeoffs

dmitri

Flights
My Map
I think it depends who you are flying with. On Qantas I always love taking off,when I flew on Aeroflot the landing was definitely the best part as I knew I lived to fly another day.

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Pretty much what Harvyk said :D
I love everything about flying and I don't know how many flights I would have to take before the novelty wears off. Hopefully never

OATEK

Established Member
Flights
My Map
After some 55+ years flying, the magic is still there. Take-off and landing are the two best bits, and the saddest thing about being pushed away by QF is not being able to watch both these events through the tailcam in the A380 any more.

Foreigner

Established Member
There is a sense of relief when trays are taken away following meal service...be that in F, J or Y.

polardabar

Flights
My Map
That moment during take off when my stomach drops.

...,when I flew on Aeroflot the landing was definitely the best part as I knew I lived to fly another day.
I agree with this so much. Cracks in the floor and condensation dripping down. Mmm...

Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
Yep, getting a functioning seat belt on Aeroflot and being allowed to depart Moscow, that was the best take off I ever had.

I think it depends who you are flying with. On Qantas I always love taking off,when I flew on Aeroflot the landing was definitely the best part as I knew I lived to fly another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.