The Best Part of Flying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
I enjoy the take off as my journey begins though there are some anxious moments until the flight reaches higher altitude.

What's your best part?

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I enjoy the take off as my journey begins though there are some anxious moments until the flight reaches higher altitude.

What's your best part?
I agree that the take off is the best part. So much promise for a journey about to begin, or the final stage of a journey soon to conclude.

Captain Halliday

Established Member
Solutions
Can you only have one thing? Isn't it the whole experience? Not being a slave to the mobile phone and emeil for a few hours is bliss. But I enjoy TO also, perhaps its that fleeting moment of risk between rotate and V2. I guess it's a good thing you can't hear it called by the flight crew.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
The bit where you are savoring the first G&T of the flight and are contemplating what to have for dinner# .

# J or F only. YMMV

joyvee

A successful take off and landing is what I appreciate the most about flying.

Atleastonce

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Take off and the sensation of acceleration and velocity because of other visual objects as a reference.

Denali

Solutions
Departing on time and arriving safely and finding our bags on arrival. Im one of those that is waiting for the Stargate to be released for commercial use as I don't really enjoy flying.

Major

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
The best part is when the number of safe landings equals the number of takeoffs

dmitri

I think it depends who you are flying with. On Qantas I always love taking off,when I flew on Aeroflot the landing was definitely the best part as I knew I lived to fly another day.

blackcat20

Enthusiast
That first glass of champagne while everyone else is still boarding (heck, the second one too).

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum 1
Pretty much what Harvyk said :D
I love everything about flying and I don't know how many flights I would have to take before the novelty wears off. Hopefully never

OATEK

Established Member
After some 55+ years flying, the magic is still there. Take-off and landing are the two best bits, and the saddest thing about being pushed away by QF is not being able to watch both these events through the tailcam in the A380 any more.

Foreigner

Established Member
There is a sense of relief when trays are taken away following meal service...be that in F, J or Y.

polardabar

That moment during take off when my stomach drops.

...,when I flew on Aeroflot the landing was definitely the best part as I knew I lived to fly another day.

I agree with this so much. Cracks in the floor and condensation dripping down. Mmm...

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

get me outta here

Qantas
LT Silver
Yep, getting a functioning seat belt on Aeroflot and being allowed to depart Moscow, that was the best take off I ever had.

I think it depends who you are flying with. On Qantas I always love taking off,when I flew on Aeroflot the landing was definitely the best part as I knew I lived to fly another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts