Thanks for your xx Years with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyHancock

I have had cause to ring Amex three times in the last couple of days, and have become a little jaded at the constant thanks for your xx years of loyalty. What is that all about then?

I do understand the personal touch and valuing the customer but it all sounds so fake.

That said Amex does a half decent job with charge backs and account queries for me so I can't complain about anything else. :p

I’ve being getting it for a while, must be when you tick over a certain number of loyalty years with them.... I’ve had an Amex from a very young age thanks to a uni association. Would prefer bonus points on my birthday though!

But I think the loyalty years gives you discount on redeeming toasters in their online points store....?? Well it used to.

I've received that spiel for years, and it sounds incredibly insincere to me. Particularly this year, when followed up with a knock back on any retention offers :rolleyes:

I’ve started getting it more too, but have just ticked over ten years with them so that might explain it. I don’t care for it much unless it brings actual benefits.
For example, i ordered a new metal platinum card and she said that since i was a loyal member of ten years blah blah she would express post it. Pretty sure everyone got their express posted by DHL but if that wasn’t the case then i would feel a little special at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back