Thai Airways no longer a Membership Rewards partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Just having a look at the list of airlines that partner with Amex Membership Rewards in Australia, and it looks like Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus is no longer there?

Not much of a loss IMHO if it's gone, but I don't recall any announcement about this and this is the first I've heard of it. Did I miss something?

It disappeared from the website last year when Thai was having bankruptcy issues, I guess to avoid AMEX dealing with complaints if people transferred points and then lost them. If you're super keen to send your points to Thai, they can still do it over the phone. :)

Sorry to piggyback but does anyone know what happened to AsiaMiles as a transfer partner and whether they're coming back?

Sorry to piggyback but does anyone know what happened to AsiaMiles as a transfer partner and whether they're coming back?
yes I've just noticed this and asked AMEX chat about it they have said

"I apologize for any inconvenience, Due to technical issue since from march 1st till 7th this will be not available, our technical team is already working on it."

so it should be back soon

yes I've just noticed this and asked AMEX chat about it they have said

"I apologize for any inconvenience, Due to technical issue since from march 1st till 7th this will be not available, our technical team is already working on it."

so it should be back soon
Thank god, been considering my transfer options and was debating in my mind between AsiaMiles since the expiry rule has changed and QFF.

There's no problem with Asia Miles - I transferred to them on Apr 9.

Can Thai air currently be booked via krisflyer ? Or even if royal orchid are offering flight awards from Thailand to india ?

Thanks . Does one need to call ( which takes ages ) as nothing can s visible online .
Generally the results on Krisflyer are pretty accurate, you tend not to get phantom space or available space which doesn't show up. You can always do a search on another Star Alliance member search engine to see if there is award space showing, but I don't think calling SQ asking them to find award seats which may or may not be there is the best use of your time or theirs.

If you are looking for space in J, the limited amount of flights will mean they are scarce so nothing visible will probably mean there is no award space left. I did a dummy search on Krisflyer and TG has Y awards on a few dates in April next year for BKK-DEL but nothing in J. Of course if you don't mind doing a big backtrack through SIN, there is space in both J and Y on SQ

Generally the results on Krisflyer are pretty accurate, you tend not to get phantom space or available space which doesn't show up. You can always do a search on another Star Alliance member search engine to see if there is award space showing, but I don't think calling SQ asking them to find award seats which may or may not be there is the best use of your time or theirs.

If you are looking for space in J, the limited amount of flights will mean they are scarce so nothing visible will probably mean there is no award space left. I did a dummy search on Krisflyer and TG has Y awards on a few dates in April next year for BKK-DEL but nothing in J. Of course if you don't mind doing a big backtrack through SIN, there is space in both J and Y on SQ

I dunno... I've found the SQ booking tool pretty average when selecting the star alliance or partner airlines tabs. Plenty of availability showing on other star carriers such as Aeroplan - and even Lifemiles! - but SQ returns a 'nil' result :(

Thanks . What dates did you search ? Sq don’t seem to be flying to india - at least I can’t see it . I don’t mind going via sin - I’m doing so on my way from Mel anyway .

Thanks . What dates did you search ? Sq don’t seem to be flying to india - at least I can’t see it .
Early April to mid-April, there is plenty of availability to DEL, not sure about other cities.

I've found the SQ booking tool pretty average when selecting the star alliance or partner airlines tabs. Plenty of avai
Fair enough, I can't say I've searched extensively for star alliance partners on Krisflyer. I generally keep KF miles for SQ flights only as getting SQ awards on other star alliance programs is difficult particularly in premium cabins.

Early April to mid-April, there is plenty of availability to DEL, not sure about other cities.

Fair enough, I can't say I've searched extensively for star alliance partners on Krisflyer. I generally keep KF miles for SQ flights only as getting SQ awards on other star alliance programs is difficult particularly in premium cabins.
Thanks I am currently looking around Dec - outbound and Jan inbound .

Thanks I am currently looking around Dec - outbound and Jan inbound .

Try using either Aeroplan's or United's booking tools, checking the 'use miles' boxes. They are easy to search availability across multiple days. Once you find something either cross-reference with Krisflyer on line, or call SQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back