Taxes on trip to USA

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Qman327, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Qman327

Qman327 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2007
    We are planning a trip to the states using QF FF points but are concerned about the taxes. I am expecting a hefty bill but just want to know so there are no surprises. TA cant help me. Is there a calculator online somewhere?

Itinerary is Mel/Nadi/Honolulu/San Francisco
    Drive to LA then fly to Melb

Appeciate any help

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Do a dummy booking online (do the booking process, selecting flights without completing it) and if you have enough points the taxes will be calculated for you.

3. Qman327

Qman327 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2007
    I was going to try that but was concerned it will confirm the flights before i had a chance to back out. Not sure i can do an award booking without using a valid account. I will have another look. Thanks

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Nothing get ticketed until you put your CC number in. Before this the points and 'taxes' are quoted.

5. Qman327

Qman327 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Thanks II have just been trying to do that but now i cant get the flights i want, or anythinlg close to the dates required. I am now just trying for any date just to get the quote on taxes, but if i cant get the flights, it might be all in vain anyway. Damn FF progammes suck.

Will keep trying.

6. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not sure how indicative this is (and apologies if this gives you a bum steer) as I have never booked an international award flight, but my upcoming MEL-SYD-LAX return paid fare includes taxes of ~ $500.

7. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I did a dummy booking using May 2008 dates.

MEL-NAN-xLAX-HNL-SFO,LAX-MEL came to 137,000 QFF points and $385 in +++.

8. Qman327

Qman327 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Thanks for that. IO think the reason i have been having trouble is i am trying to get 4 seats. Appreciate you doing that though. The message cut off at the end but it looks like you were saying the taxes came to $385 per person. Was that right? if so that is not all bad.

Thanks again.

9. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

I don't think it was cut off +++ means Taxes, Airport fees and Fuel Surcharges.

10. Qman327

Qman327 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Oh. New to this. Thanks

What model Statesman?