Sydney-Vancouver

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by agfox46, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. agfox46

agfox46 Junior Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Victoria
    Would appreciate any feedback on Air Canada's direct flight on this route, please

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Do you mean "direct" per the definition used by airlines, or do you mean "non-stop"?

The current AC34 flight is "direct", but involves a stop in HNL and is operated by a 767-300 aircraft. The stop in HNL requires all passengers, even those in transit to Canada, to complete USA arrivals formalities including immigration/passport control and customs clearence for all checked and carry-on bags.

From 16th December 2007, AC34 will be operated by a 777-300ER aircraft and will be non-stop SYD-YVR, removing the USA immigration and customs requirements in HNL. This aircraft will have their new long-haul business class cabin.

3. agfox46

agfox46 Junior Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Victoria
    Whoops, thanks Nelly, I didn't realise the 777 service wasn't in operation until December (I was researching fares for next April-May).