Sydney to Auckland chances of offer to upgrade and costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggsbenedict

Hi All,

Going to Auckland next month and tossing up between LAN J for about $700 and Emirates in Y for $500 and hoping for an upgrade offer. My understanding is that Sydney to Auckland is normally a very low load fight, Does anyone have experience with the changes of an offer and cost? Would really like to hit that bar.

Eggsbenedict

Sorry forgot to mention that there would be three of us on the same booking.

Hi All,

Going to Auckland next month and tossing up between LAN J for about $700 and Emirates in Y for $500 and hoping for an upgrade offer. My understanding is that Sydney to Auckland is normally a very low load fight, Does anyone have experience with the changes of an offer and cost? Would really like to hit that bar.

clifford

Established Member
If it were me, I'd be booking LAN. Nicer people, nicer prices, but you'll miss out on the Veuve...

evilbrian

I do the Mel-Akl run every few weeks. The bar gets much more lively on the return trip than it does on the journey over, so I'd try for that if I was you, but there's almost always spare seats in J going both ways.

Virgin Wines Australia Has Exceptional Red, White & Sparkling Wines On Offer. See Online. See Our Exclusive Wine Selections From Around Australia & Around The World. Shop Now! Advent Calendar 2021. Better Wines for Less. Cancel Anytime. No Membership Fees.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

mushez

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Why there is always space in J on the Tasman in EK normally, it is rare to be offered to upgrade for cash, and when it is made it is $200 per person.

Points is 16,000

I would book LAN if you want to in J

Status
Not open for further replies.